Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I made a trip to the dealer to straighten things out regarding option packages, I'm interested in the 250AWD so I didn't gather any info regarding other models (sorry), and what information I did gather I had to memorize since she wouldn't let me photocopy anything.

Everything I'm saying here is as it was told to me, but I was also told things will change, so...

The story is that things are still up in the air, the packages haven't been set, the pricing hasn't been set, what configuration of cars they are building hasn't been set. Mark Levinson is not available on any car, that being said, Navigation is a standalone option (~$2500/$1800 invoice), Navigation with ML is a standalone option (~$3900), ML is a standalone option (~$940), I didn't ask if ML is available without Nav. The premium package on the AWD is ~$2k and includes vented seats/power sunshade/power wheel/auto-dim mirrors. The premium package is supposed to include HID/AFS but that's not available right now (I think she was referring to the East Coast, can't remember). Park assist is a standalone and is available. A 250AWD with premium/nav/park assist is $38,119. I didn't ask about PCS (not interested in it). She had 4 250's all presold, and 1 350 coming in next month.

Unlike what someone who will remain nameless has suggested, right now NAV is still a standalone option. I wanted to photocopy the sheet she was looking at it, but it was "internal only" and she wouldn't even let me copy it without the pricing! Anyway, it sounds like they floated some pricing out there and they are intentionally holding back everything else and waiting to see what the reaction is. Talk to your dealer, let them know what you want, and tell them the pricing is too high ;)

·
Registered
482 Posts
haha that's insane about info/packages not being certain....Lexus dropped the ball with this release and I scratch my head as to how and why since they know it can be a huge seller for them so it makes sense to have whipped out a huge marketing campagin and passed out concrete info to dealers for the release of the fuggin car.

It is like they made this badass IS350 that can out accelerate anything in its class and think that somehow will give them 396395869835 sales and they dont need to focus on passing out information and getting their shit together.

For Lexus' sake I hope they have a last second drop in prices because I dont want to see this model fail again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
rubley said:
A 250AWD with premium/nav/park assist is $38,119.
That price doesn't make much sense, although it would be a welcome over the $39,900 price I read somewhere else.

Base: $34,285
Nav: $2,500
Premium: $2,000
PA: $500
TOTAL: $39,200

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tonyarous said:
That price doesn't make much sense, although it would be a welcome over the $39,900 price I read somewhere else.

Base: $34,285
Nav: $2,500
Premium: $2,000
PA: $500
TOTAL: $39,200
That $34,285 from the press release apparently isn't accurate, I should have asked her what the real base price is on the AWD. Anyway, it's all up in the air and relatively meaningless at this point.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Oh and 40K for an IS250 AWD equipped like that is insane. You can go buy the 05 RL for low 40s right now and it smokes the 250 AWD in pretty much every way you can imagine. The only thing the 250 has over it is (aside from exterior looks which are subjective) that it is a bit quieter and it has a better turning radius...

·
Registered
50 Posts
rubley said:
That $34,285 from the press release apparently isn't accurate, I should have asked her what the real base price is on the AWD. Anyway, it's all up in the air and relatively meaningless at this point.
I just saw this on Edmunds...
9506 IS 250 Luxury Sport Sedan - 6ECTi AWD $34,285.00
LD Luxury Package includes Bi-Xenon HID + AFS
w/Auto Level Headlamps; Outside Auto-Dimming
Mirrors; Power Tilt/Telescopic Steering Wheel;
Rain-Sensing Wipers and Power Sunshade
(IS 250 AWD Only
$2,205.00
NV Navigation System
w/ AM/FM CD Changer and 13 Speakers includes
Voice Activation, Bluetooth Technology, and Backup Monitor
$2,550.00
PA Intuitive Parking Assist
$500.00

This adds up to $39,540 without the destination (around $600-700). I can't wait to see how your dealer is giving you this at $38,119.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tonyarous said:
I just saw this on Edmunds...
(IS 250 AWD Only
$2,205.00
NV Navigation System
$2,550.00
$500.00

This adds up to $39,540 without the destination (around $600-700). I can't wait to see how your dealer is giving you this at $38,119.
I'm not buying that car, it's pre-sold, I haven't put down a deposit or anything. From what I can deduce, the $34,285 is for a car with a minimal package, not an absolute base price. The real base price is probably: $38,119 -2550 -500 -2205 = $32,864, but just like the GS there is no such thing as a base car, it must have at least one package. I think the $34,285 is/was the base price plus a now defunct option package with vent seats and wood trim. And since the LD package is currently missing Xenon/AFS, any information that's out there now is suspect.

·
Registered
366 Posts
rubley said:
I'm not buying that car, it's pre-sold, I haven't put down a deposit or anything. From what I can deduce, the $34,285 is for a car with a minimal package, not an absolute base price. The real base price is probably: $38,119 -2550 -500 -2205 = $32,864, but just like the GS there is no such thing as a base car, it must have at least one package. I think the $34,285 is/was the base price plus a now defunct option package with vent seats and wood trim. And since the LD package is currently missing Xenon/AFS, any information that's out there now is suspect.
We have a base 250 awd here. It's only option is the Accessory Package. It's base price is $34,285 + acc. pkg =$194 + dest. = $590 = $35,069. That IS does NOT have wood trim or ventilated seats.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
might as well cut and past this from the edmunds site:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/[email protected]@.ef26853/4867
############
This is from an email from the Resnick Auto Group - Woodfield Lexus in a suburb of Chicago: Sorry for the format. If you want the e-mail let me know:

I do not know if the below includes destination or not:

Code Description Suggested
Retail Price

9501 IS 250 Luxury Sport Sedan - 6M/T $29,990.00
9502 IS 250 Luxury Sport Sedan - 6ECTi $31,160.00
9510 IS 350 Luxury Sport Sedan - 6ECTi $35,440.00

Options
FT 18" Alloy Wheels with Summer Tire
(RWD Models Only)
$720.00

HW Headlamp Washers
(Requires LD, LL, LT, or ST)
$100.00

(IS 250 AWD Only
$2,205.00

LL Luxury Package includes Perforated Leather Seats
Heated and Ventilated Front Seats with Lexus Memory
System; Bi-Xenon HID + AFS w/Auto Level Headlamps;
Outside Auto-Dimming Mirrors; Power Tilt/Telescopic
Steering Wheel; Rain-Sensing Wipers; Power Sunshade;
and Bird&rsquos Eye Maple Interior Trim
(RWD Models Only)
$3,495.00

LT Luxury Package includes 225/40R18 + 255/40R18"
Alloy Wheels w/ summer tires; Perforated Leather Seats,
Heated and Ventilated Front Seats with Lexus Memory
System; Bi-Xenon HID + AFS w/Auto Level Headlamps;
Outside Auto-Dimming Mirrors; Power Tilt/Telescopic
Steering Wheel; Rain-Sensing Wipers; Power Sunshade;
and Bird&rsquos Eye Maple Interior Trim
(RWD Models Only)
$4,215.00

ML Mark Levinson Premium Audio Package
w/ AM/FM CD Changer and 14 Speakers
$940.00

NV Navigation System
$2,550.00

$500.00
PS Lexus Pre-Collision System (PCS) & Dynamic Radar
Cruise Control
(6AT Models Only)
$2,850.00
PT Premium Package includes Perforated Leather
Seats, Heated and Ventilated Front Seats w/ Lexus
Memory System, and Bird&rsquos Eye Maple Interior Trim
(RWD Models Only)
$1,290.00
ST Sport Package includes 225/40R18 + 255/40R18"
Alloy Wheels w/ Summer Tires, Sport Tuned Suspension,
Bi-Xenon HID + AFS w/Auto Leveling Headlamps, Perforated
Leather Seats, Heated and Ventilated Front Seats w/ Lexus
Memory System; Alloy Brake and Accelerator Pedals; Power
Tilt/Telescopic Steering Wheel; Rain-Sensing Wipers
(IS 250 RWD A/T and IS 350 Only)
$3,695.00
ST Sport Package includes 225/40R18 + 255/40R18"
Alloy Wheels w/ Summer Tires, Sport Tuned Suspension,
Bi-Xenon HID + AFS w/Auto Leveling Headlamps, Perforated
Leather Seats, Heated and Ventilated Front Seats w/ Lexus
Memory System; Alloy Brake, Accelerator, and Clutch Pedals;
Power Tilt/Telescopic Steering Wheel; Rain-Sensing Wipers
(IS250 M/T Only)
$3,725.00
VN Navigation System/Mark Levinson Premium Audio
Package includes DVD Changer and 14 Speakers,
$3,990.00

#################

This looks the same as what I saw last night at the dealer, but like I said, Xenon/AFS is unavailable, so some of this can't be accurate, I mean how can they offer the LD package for $2205 with a very important feature missing?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
rpwsrw said:
We have a base 250 awd here. It's only option is the Accessory Package. It's base price is $34,285 + acc. pkg =$194 + dest. = $590 = $35,069. That IS does NOT have wood trim or ventilated seats.
I'm sure that's what you're showing as the price, I believe that price is going to change. According to the press release $34,285 was to include: a perforated leather-trimmed interior upgrade with heated and ventilated front seats and wood trim. I belive $32,864 will be the new base price for that car, which is a $1,704 premium for AWD instead of $3,125, which is out of line compared to the GS300 ($1950 premium).

·
Registered
366 Posts
The car that I have here doesn't have vent seats or wood trim and it's a 250 awd. Who knows, maybe the price will drop. I just uploaded a picture of the pricing sent to us in anotehr thread.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rpwsrw said:
The car that I have here doesn't have vent seats or wood trim and it's a 250 awd. Who knows, maybe the price will drop. I just uploaded a picture of the pricing sent to us in anotehr thread.
Thank you. Considering Xenon/AFS doesn't exist, and many packages include it as an option, they're going to have to drop it from the packages and potentially drop the price on those packages. Maybe in a week or so this will be sorted out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts