Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, i went to LACR on friday for that weekly drag racing and i have to say i was quite impressed w/ my car yet disappointed at the same time....

i had a total of 4 runs... and the best time i got was 16.154 ... however, the elevation was higher.. (it was in the moutain area) and i this guy told me to multiply the number by .9 something and it would give the normal elevation level time... and it comes out to, 15.770 to be exact...

seriously, with the mods i have, i think i should be running faster than 15.77.. no?? i mean, GTE ran 14.9??? maybe i just suck as shifting w/ my is.. i dunno....

however, w/ that 16.154, i beat a GSR turbo.... although hez 1/4 mile time was .010 seconds faster than mine, my reaction time was faster and i crossed the finish line faster so i won. and all these imports were running in the high 16's or low 17's... and they were modded too...

Anyone... can anyone give me advice on how to launch my car? i dunno what im doing wrong... i drop the clutch around 3k to 3200 rpms... im gonna try headint back to LACR( since thats like the only one near me).. to see if i can get it under 16's...

is it normal to have an IS MT w/ my mods to be running 16.154? (15.77)???

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/kennyx81

·
Registered
635 Posts
I ran a [email protected] with my 01 auto at LACR.
mods were S-AFC, Injen 1st gen intake, 5Zigen exhaust.

·
Registered
635 Posts
JDM_SXE-10:
I just moved to Hollywood, but I'm still visiting the valley quite often.

matic:
LACR is located in Little Rock (near Palmdale).

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
edgy said:
Where's the deets on this open nite at the track

Schedule?
Costs?
Safety Requirements?
Eligibility/skill screening...?

I am interested too!!

ed G.
Ok this is something I'm very interested in!!!!....
I miss my Thurs, nite open 1/4 mile runs back in the day with my Mustang, when I lived in NY....

Edgy, we gotta get a few guys together for this one, soon!!!! Maybe even a weekday or weeknite, if they have availability....

Joe :chill:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I think i could sneak away from studying, to get a few runs in. I"m pretty much done with my engine mods anyway, and the last time i raced I was all stock.

·
Registered
152 Posts
dude......you can't drive........I ran constant low 15's with e-shift......

Was bracket racing and dailed in at 15.2......

:lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i drive a 99 cougar and my best at lacr was 15.8 only ran 3 times with bad launching, so i should be able to get deep into the 15's with some better launching. i went with a friend who has a charcoal gray is300 and he was getting 16's and so were 2 or 3 other is300's that he raced.

you should be able to get into the 15's if i can because im pretty even with is300's. my cars not stock and it took a lot of time and money just to even hang with an is300 8(.

me and my friend with the is300 might go to lacr again, but the next time i might be in the 14's.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I've been tryin to convince people from here and every where else to head out to Palmdale one of these dayz, maybe even carlsbad cause that track is awesome. Sea Level never San Diego.....It's 100X better than Palmadale, but the drive is a Biatchhh.. I am down :chill:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
11 Participants
bashar368
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing