Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's the scenario...

i was on my way to work and by it, there are these unused train tracks that run across the street...everyday i would go over them at a decent speed...about 35-45...nothing would happen...

but today was different...traffic was alittle heavier but not too much...i went over the tracks and as soon as i was past them, all of a sudden my car started to stutter, jerk, shake, almost as if it was about to stall out...this went on for about 3 - 4 seconds..and never happened again.
so i parked my car in the parking lot of my work and put my hand on the engine cover...it was shaking alittle harder than before...
so i shut my car off and went to work...
after work i decided to try to recreate the problem but never got it to do it again..but i did notice some tire marks where i felt my car jerk...

could i have possibly lost traction when i went over the tracks?

sorry for the long post...im just worried about my car... :oops:

btw, the blacktop around the track seems to have been deteriorating...the tracks are about 1 inch above the ground...

it was also 19 degrees out! :eek:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
i think since its cold and tracks do tend to get slippery that it might have been the traction control. Also, when its cold outside your car will idle a little rougher than usual so that might be why the engine cover shook a little. Just a thought

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i agree with you on the idle thing...cold as fock! :lol:

and thanks for your input :)

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
It was so goddamn freezing this morning...I tried to start the car and the cranking sounded different than usual...more high pitched. But it started after 2 cranks :D

The temp read 2 degrees and my steering wheel was like 3x harder to move...it was stiff turning it.

Also, when I went into e-shift, the display where the MPH are, the gear number would "fade" on screen slowly when I pushd it over to M. When I pushed it to D, the gear number would fade out slowly. I hadn't ever seen this...usually I push it and the number lights out immediatly. My the electrical wires were freezing or something. :eek:

It took a long time to warm up too.

But for your problem, it's probbaly a result of the freezing weather, tires being freezing so having little traction...maybe your engine bogged a little bit when you lost traction. Probably nothing you should worry about.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah it hasnt happened since...

as for the digital readout on the eshift thing, any LCD or type similar to it will have that fading effect...take out your cell and play around with it in the freezing cold and it will probably do the same

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.