Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my old TRD filter has been cleaned a few times but it gets too dirty to clean it seems so I got a new one from Carson Toyota. While I was there I took some pics.

If anybody in the LA area with a IS hasn't been to Carson Toyota, its a cool place to walk in and see some good products, even IS300.net license plates. Not a plug, just a chance to post some pictures. thats what I do.

Grills and a HKS Dragger I think.

Ltuned wheels, the gray ones caught my eye, a possibility when my tires wear out more.

And I left there with a TRD Air Filter and installed it today and I could tell the difference from the stock one I been using lately.

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
i was there last week and saw the same rims...i wanna say they are 5zigens but it's early and i could be wrong

anyways, i agree with thedon....carson toyota has the goods and if they don't have something you want, they can get it and for a good price

steve and his crew rock!

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dont know what rims are on the bottom in the pic. The other side of the rack had a few 5 zigens. As for the Ltuned rims, I dont know the price now check with Steve Ganz of Carson Toyota, his email addy is [email protected] but I remember they were going for 1600 way back when he first introduced them but still check. Thats a good price along with the Lexus L center caps. Try going to Lexus to get that deal, they will laugh at you.
The Filter was 57 bucks, and I still have the cleaning kit from last time so I didn't buy that.
Also you can see alot of PLP stuff in there. As a matter of fact, that whole wall and area across from the parts windows is a IS300 shrine of parts.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
The wheels on the bottom are Anterra wheels. They are very nice, but very pricey. These rims have always been one of my top choices.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
More pics..

TRD old vs new. Again I cleaned the old one twice. But it never gets as clean as when its brand spankin new. I might have messed up and oiled it too much even though I was trying to do it light. This time I felt the pre oiled new one and got a feel for how oily it is off the bat.

And here's the other side of the previous picture showing the 5zigens.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
The wheels on the bottom are Anterra wheels. They are very nice, but very pricey. These rims have always been one of my top choices.
I thought they were Anteras also. Close, but not quite
ANTERA - TYPE 321

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WhiteLex03 said:
Is that a X2 dvd in the background just wondering, btw how much was the TRD air filter?

-Ringo
57 bucks and yes that is X2. Good eye.

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
Hey thedon, didn't you get Versus wheels instead of L-Tuned? If so, where'd you get it from and how much?

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chan said:
Hey thedon, didn't you get Versus wheels instead of L-Tuned? If so, where'd you get it from and how much?
Yeah but keep in mind they are the same exact wheel. TRD/Lexus obviously went to Versus and said can you make the wheel with a L centercap for our Ltuned edition.
But anyway, mine were 1375 from Discount Tires in El Monty www.wheeloptions.com, compare that to 1600 with the sweet L cap logo (if thats the price now). Thats a good deal because nobody is willing to sell those center caps alone for less than 70 bucks a piece.

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
thedon said:
Chan said:
Yeah but keep in mind they are the same exact wheel. TRD/Lexus obviously went to Versus and said can you make the wheel with a L centercap for our Ltuned edition.
But anyway, mine were 1375 from Discount Tires in El Monty www.wheeloptions.com, compare that to 1600 with the sweet L cap logo (if thats the price now). Thats a good deal because nobody is willing to sell those center caps alone for less than 70 bucks a piece.
That is a good price, did you get hooked up or something? I'm really interested and don't care about the L logo.

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No hookup. Thats just the price he quoted me. They have a good selection of wheels so if you are in the area drive over there. If not they can put tires on those and ship them out to ya too. I saw lots of tire/wheel packages going out both times I visited there.

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
Thats a great price, I'm gonna pop them an email. Do you know if Steve has the L-Sportline kit in stock? I'm in a dilema right now..I have around $2,000 to spend and don't know if I should get the L-Sportline kit or those wheels....

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
what color is your car dude

1 - 20 of 41 Posts