Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i must say its a very solid car, good pickup and great handling, but thats not the problem. The saleman said that ordering a new is300 would take up to 8 months. I said 8 months! that ridicuals. They didnt have the color combo i wanted and me quoted me $1,000 off MSRP. I live in orlando florida does this sound insane? Im almost 21, do you think he's trying to take advantage of me? To me it sounds like they want to get rid of all thier cars on the lot. One other thing, this question was probablly beaten to death but couldn't find it in the archives...when are they projecting the 2002's to come out?
Any comments would be very helpful.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
people have been known to drive out the door with the car for around 31k. i suggest you go to another dealership. dont let salesmen sweet talk you. learn a few technical words, go up there talk to them and stump them. then theyll think you know what you're talking about and be more flexible. also, the 2002 comes out in around august/september. good luck, hope you get ahold of the car.

------------------
'01 IS300
'91 NSX
'95 Maxima

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
walking out with 31K? man i must've been ripped off...i walked out with $32.4K with MSRP of $35K.

Oh i would like to add this was during their end of year sale

[This message has been edited by Eddy (edited February 18, 2001).]

·
Registered
114 Posts
That's exactly how I've got mine.Shop around kiddo
Originally posted by Chiphead:
In NJ, you can get IS300s for $500 over invoice at carsdirect.com.

------------------
Silver,Graphite, Black
Fully Loaded

·
Registered
387 Posts
ahhh.....Everytime when I try to log onto carsdirect.com, my computer freezes...anyone knows why? Does anyone else experience this problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by Taino:
That's exactly how I've got mine.Shop around kiddo

Could you explain the carsdirect process please? I have been quoted a price of $31,500 by a local dealer but would like to do a little better if possible. How exactly did you purchase your IS through this website? Thanks for your time!

JD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts