Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I work at the Toyota in Greenville, SC. Got to work yesterday and there was some commotion near the master tech's bay. I walked over to discover a Peal white (looks like CWP) IS-F sitting on Gunmetal wheels.

Being a skeptic on the overall exterior appearance of the IS-F, I was quite surprised to find myself pitching a tent upon initial inspection. I checked out the engine IMMEDIATLY. Well, there aren't many moving parts to see due to the amount of plastic covering the engine. What is awesome, however, is the color-matched engine cover with the "F" logo on it. It wasn't just color-matched; it was textured in a carbon-fiber appearance.

I hopped inside and was taken by the quality interior work. The back seats aren't as stupid as I thought they would be; They offer comfort and a definite "sitchoassdown" feel, which I like, but at the same time hate because it is at the end of the day a 4-door Lexus Sedan..

I tried the bluetooth and nav which worked well. The tec fired it up and the rumble was awesome. Unfortunately, it started to POUR so we couldn't give her the "proper" break in I know she was craving for. Instead we just tossed it around the parking lot a little; effortlessly spinning the tires at any part-throttle tip in.

Today he drove it and said that it felt like he was being propelled by a rocket engine. Sick. I never thought to take any pictures until today, but it still hasn't been detailed. I will take some pictures of it when I see it again. He also told me that there will be more opportunities to drive it, as its the showroom car and its currently not for sale! Yay, I may be able to drive the &#^@ out of it!

Kill

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
yo kill,

glad you like the "f", man I wish you would have been at the moroso is-f test drive...like 6 weeks ago..shit was amazing to drive on the track!!!
Best wishes for ya in SC, hope you can make it down this summer for FL2k8. :)

-J

1 - 2 of 2 Posts