Lexus IS Forum banner

Went Auto-X'ing today (lame pics)

775 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  GraphiteSportDesign 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I just wanted to mention that I went Auto-X today at an SCCA event at Nassau Coliseum on Long Island. It was the most fun I've had in a while, I would strongly consider doing it even if your car is stock. I was the only Lexus there and I ended up finishing 10/27 in the novice class, not bad considering it was my first time. Here are some pics of the cars there, I would have taken more if the batteries didnt die. We should definitely get a bunch of IS's to go to one of these sometime. Thanks for reading.

Dave

Here are pics of some of the cars there:

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice!

Sorry we couldn't do your shocks at the install meet. We will do them before the next auto-x event. That way you can see if there is a difference.

I used to go a lot with my old car.. just didnt have a chance/time to go with the IS yet.

Let me know when the next event is.

#6 ·
The Porsche literally raced like a bastard, the driver sucked because I got better times than the 911. I believe the Lotus came in the top 5, I'm not sure who won, might have been one of the EVOs.

Yeah, I would really like to feel the difference with the Bilstein shocks, maybe next time. I'm serious, we should definitely have a bunch of IS's to go to an event. I'll find out more about it.

#8 ·
I would want to consider auto-xing, it is safer than tracking the car right?

Those are some awesome pics of the event, but no action pics of you on the course or was that when the batteries died. Also did you go by yourself or did you have anyone with you?

Let us know of the next auto-x event?

#9 ·
AntzLexusIS said:
I would want to consider auto-xing, it is safer than tracking the car right?

Those are some awesome pics of the event, but no action pics of you on the course or was that when the batteries died. Also did you go by yourself or did you have anyone with you?

Let us know of the next auto-x event?
The next event will either be Oct 22 or 29.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.