Lexus IS Forum banner

well i said goodbye to the is300....handed the keys over

1K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  Chigger 
#1 ·
to the BMW dealer

it was kinda sad to part with the car. But i will now be awaiting the arrival of my 2003 M3 in August. It was fun though for the 2 years i owned the car but decided i wanted something else. Dealer ended up giving me 21,00- instead of 20,300 estimate he gave me. Hope the next person who buys it babies it as much as i did.

well just thought i should share that on is300.net i no longer own a is300......glad though this board was around to help me sell the parts so quickly......everything but the exhaust was gone in less than 2 weeks....all thanks to .net

#3 ·
ah, i'm envious. my dream car to say the least. i checked one out with my dad (ahem, i'm 29) this weekend. too bad imola red isn't his color. hopefully he'll pull the trigger soon.

have fun and don't forget to stand up for us on the bimmer boards! 8)

#4 ·
Hey clearlexus...

Kinda missed by IS300, so I came to this board to check out how things are going with the owner circle. Just wanted to say congrats...

I turned in my '01 SBM IS300 a month ago - for an '04 330ci. :D Good luck with your wait. Mine sucked (I checked owner's circle everyday). :noway:

Anyways - both great cars. Can't go wrong with either brand.

Cheers!

#8 ·
Yeah, did the same two weeks ago..except I decided S4.

Need 4 doors, and went with a 2002. biturbo. With $1700, increased with a ECU upgrade and Tiptronic auto upgrade to get 320hp/380ft.lbs.

Plus interior of the S4 is extremely nice compared to IS. Lexus is a good car, but I have always been a German car guy for a long time.

It was a short 6 months for my ownership..

Thanks to all also here at the .net, good community over here...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.