Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, nothin special, I beat him ofcourse. I later talked to the guy, at the next light, and he told me that he only had an intake. When we started, i was a little ahead ( him at my front tire) but after like a second or 2, (didn't really look at the rpm or speed) I started pulling hard on him till he was like to my rear wheels. Then when we hit like 65-70, I started to pull hard on him then we slowed. It was a nice friendly race. I also raced my friend on his 00 Prelude Manual and it was a very very close race. We were just same almost all the way.. Didn't get to race to about 85 like I did with the Accord tho. Oh yeah.. the accord had dual exhaust one on right and one on left. It was a Sedan and Automatic. I guess I did ok for not losin to the Prelude tho
.. Just to make sure my friends not easy on his gas, we switched cars and I drove his Prelude and him mine.. oh yeah.. I told him to powerbrake to 2000. That's what I think is really good for a start.. What do you guys thinks a good rpm for starting?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Originally posted by Boodies:
Then when we hit like 65-70, I started to pull hard on him then we slowed. It was a nice friendly race.
Too bad you didn't get above 90. That's where the IS has a sure advantage. I raced a new VW Passat and it was pretty close 1/2 to 1 car length until I hit 90 and pulled really hard to about 2 1/2 car lengths till about 120.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a'00 V6 Accord Coupe and 2001 IS, the IS is defintely faster once you get over 30mph. The Accord has one less gear as well. It's a smooth ride, but can't compare to the IS in handling or overall performance. The Accord is a much bigger feeling car as well.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yo DenverIS, maybe I should rename myself to LittletonIS300 hahaha.. Anyways.. where about do you live? We should kickit sometime.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Depends who you race I guess...

I lined up with a 740il in the middle of nowhere - did a three honk start and took him from the top. All the way up till 110mph we were dead even. Not bad I guess, considering he's got 282hp (and 4200lbs).

·
Registered
385 Posts
My buddy has a 2001 accord v6 with the 3.0liter VTEC and it is suprisingly fast. he and i did a light to light race which wasnt that long of a distance and i had only pulled on him by about 7 feet by the time we reached the light. I told him we should set up a race on the pike or something where we could get some distance but he kept going on with his ****y behavior saying he could beat me. I will show him some day

Sam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts