Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One I've been after for a long time and thus, I will be looking at getting another car sometime next year. I am researching my options and wonder what sort of input you all can provide. I have been thinking WRX but I've also wanted a used Supra. My range is in the low to upper $20g's. New or used. I would love to get a G35 but that's a bit out of my reach. I am thinking Z but that's my testicles doing the thinking right there. I need a backseat.

I prefer imports. Sporty imports. Rear or all wheel drive. at least 200hp. It must be reliable and able to be driven daily but I want something fun to drive. (no eclipses)

Anyone know the status on the Type R and if it wil come here? that is the only FWD car I'd look at buying.

How about mazda? How reliable are they and what sort of quality am I looking at with them?

here is my wish list:
Supra
WRX sedan
Type R
350Z (argh no back seat)
used M3 (maintenance issues though)
used Audis? (not familiar with)
RX-8 (when is it coming out? and not too familiar with Mazdas)
G35 coupe (too much dough)

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks mucho fellow nugs...

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
SUPRA SUPRA SUPRA

how can you NOT go after that. its winter time, and prices are kinda low. i have seen some unbeleivable deals going on.

there is NO car out there that for 500 bucks you can get 400rwhp, and have the looks and reliability of a supra

hell yeah i biased, but for a good reason.

it's not a hard decision, Supra or Bust. Just make sure you have something to drive during the winter, or bad days.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Hey congrats on the job! As for the car, the only ones within your range would be the WRX (fully loaded btw, even a wagon if you wanted), a used A4 (if you don't mind the previous generation), a prev-gen ITR (the RSX-R isn't coming over, promise), and MAYBE the RX8. It's not due out til late 2003 IIRC, but it's going to be high 20's/low 30's.

Good luck whatever you buy. If you go w/ the Audi, get a certified one with a warranty.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
congrats dude, I knew you'd get it!

I'm w/ mcarlin, the supra is a phat toy but don't kid yourself about that "back seat"... its got Zero Room.

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well the backseat is for kids only. I have a 4Runner too and that is the battle wagon. Supras are hard to find though.

off to drug test for new job....holding my piss for the past hour... :eek:

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
junedog said:
well the backseat is for kids only. I have a 4Runner too and that is the battle wagon. Supras are hard to find though.

Drug tests? Damn..can you piss in a cup for me too?

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
My roomate got his supra last Thursday. Lets see... I don't know all the specs, but it's a '97 twin turbo, 24k miles on it. Minor mods already done to it, like the intake and exhaust and new stereo. He found it on ebay, called the guy and got it for $30k and had it delivered from Arizona to VA for $700.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
junedog said:

If your serious about one, i will find you one. i have a lot of places to find good deals.

but seriously, just consider the car to have NO backseat. it really is useless, even for kids.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
GO FOR THE M3!!!!!

quote from the m3 poster on my wall.

"the best handling ar in america. and seven others that look like they should be. Car and Driver named the BMW M3 the best-handling car at any price. Not bad for a car with a real back seat and trunk"

pick one up with low miles and an extended warranty. if you need help with maintenance there is plenty of stuff that is not that hard :)

...shameless plug for the m3

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
mrclam said:
GO FOR THE M3!!!!!

quote from the m3 poster on my wall.

"the best handling ar in america. and seven others that look like they should be. Car and Driver named the BMW M3 the best-handling car at any price. Not bad for a car with a real back seat and trunk"

pick one up with low miles and an extended warranty. if you need help with maintenance there is plenty of stuff that is not that hard :)

...shameless plug for the m3
Loser.

8)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I took home the WRX 5 hours before the Lexus.....

wrx cheap price for a performance car
all wheel drive just swap a larger turbo and tada! wooosh

i still think that i shoulda kept the wrx :(

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
20 Participants
xjayx300
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing