Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome back guys and gals! :cool:

For those who were wondering what happened over the past few days... the explanation given by the company that owns this site is... that while the servers for my.IS were still running... the domain name my.IS stopped pointing to their servers. Although they bought the website he claims they left the domain name in the previous owner's control. So it took them a bit of time to fix things. The domain name .IS is from Iceland.

Oddly enough I don't think they were even aware the site was down. When I contacted them to let them know the site was down... he was like "Oh really? Thanks for letting me know... I'll look into it". And this was on Sunday afternoon!

I think everybody should regain normal access over the next day or so.

Something else interesting I found out is... the company who owns this site is located in Downtown Toronto...

Reactions: is300_tinez2

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Interesting I thought it was IS Impression all over again!

Digger08

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
the conspiracy thickens .....

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
hahah, the downtime had me freaking out.

The site went down the night I installed vista, So I was trying to think if it was a bad install (sounds stupid) or something else.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know what I never understood is... when ISImpressions was hacked... why didn't you guys just re-organize and make another message board? I mean my.IS goes down for 3 days and there's mass panic and hysteria. Every online message board even remotely related to Lexus/Toyota had a thread asking what happened to my.IS. Eventually the problem was resolved.

But with ISImpressions... it got attacked... and nobody bothered to revive it? You guys just went your own ways and went back to "non-IS300" life? What gives? :confused:

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
hmm, i think it's a conspiracy...a ploy to get people to have a withdrawal from this site and now more n' more will log on, lol.

I just went to ISfanatics for my fix :D

·
Registered
387 Posts
/\ i have tried that site several times and it doesnt have the same feel as my.is. much happier now that its back up and running!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah, I was wondering what happened to this site because everytime i typed my.is into the browser it gave me that stupid msn search page. Got me scared for a bit lol Well, glad everything is straightened out.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
I'll tell you what happened. They close down my.IS so I can get some work done. What gives? At least I had a nice engagement shoot today.

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
damn. wish i wouldnt have read that .IS means a domain name from ICELAND! i always wondered how they made that domain name, but didnt question it cuz it seemed cool enough. now i'll always feel like i'm logging onto MY ICELAND!!!

·
Premium Member
7,271 Posts
hahah, the downtime had me freaking out.

The site went down the night I installed vista, So I was trying to think if it was a bad install (sounds stupid) or something else.
you and me both! :suspiciou

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
DAMN! i was soooo bored on friday! thank you GOD its back!

now i dont have to focus soo much on work.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just incase you guys need to report this tragic event to your employer or school because of stress trauma symptoms... the official term for what you experienced over the weekend is DISCONNECTION ANXIETY DISORDER. Hopefully you employer/school will be lenient on you this week after realizing how much stress you went thru these past few days. :blush: lol

(btw... that is an actual medical term... I didn't make that up!)

·
Registered
355 Posts
yea man i was dying i was going through withdraw

·
Registered
854 Posts
I am very happy the site is back up. work just got 500% better that the site came back up this morning :D

·
Registered
420 Posts
Just incase you guys need to report this tragic event to your employer or school because of stress trauma symptoms... the official term for what you experienced over the weekend is DISCONNECTION ANXIETY DISORDER. Hopefully you employer/school will be lenient on you this week after realizing how much stress you went thru these past few days. :blush: lol

(btw... that is an actual medical term... I didn't make that up!)
Tried this... and failed... my boss told me to shut up and go back to work, to which I replied.... "I wear my sunglasses at night"

he looked at me stumped and I wandered away.... now he knows im truly nuts and not just a slacker :p

·
Registered
854 Posts
did anyone else develop an uncontrollable twitch from the site being down?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts