Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2004 5-speed, w/ LSD & Sport package 馃槑
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, so a couple months ago I did a full dash swap (from an 04 dash to a semi-clean 01 dash). Over the period of 2 days I removed the old dash, transferred all the right parts, and put it back in. Now I need a bit of help... After I did that, my ac/heater controls still work, and they change temp, so I know that the temp part of that isn't bad. Here's the kicker though: The positions (front facing, footwell, and de-frost functions) Don't work. I have it so I can have warm air going to my feet and defrost my windshield, but it's still blowing towards my face. And idk if any of you wear contacts, but if you do, you know good and well that a heater is good and toasty, but it dries out your contacts, and makes you extremely uncomfortable. I know the unit isn't bad, but is it a matter of unplugging my battery, letting all the elctronics drain, and re-positioning the switch, or what? I also know that my heater blend door isn't bad either (somehow).

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Did you only put the dash shell in? if not, what did you use from the 2001?
Yep, just the dash shell and passenger airbag. Besides that, all the other parts are the exact same from the 04.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
So What do you mean "all the other parts are the exact same from the 04" ?
My car is an 04, and when I meant that I meant that I basically just swapped dash shells, everything that was originally from the 04 stayed the same

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
So are you saying it's blowing out of the middle vents facing forward?
No, sorry I didn't explain myself well 馃槄

My heat/ac only comes out of the 4 main vents (center, and ones going to driver & passenger) it never goes to my feet or to the defrost.

Okay, Sounds like your mode servo is not working. Double check the connection. If it is in good. Replace the servo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts