Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed this? My dealer says its normal.

When I turn my car on, put it into (D)rive, then start to pull away, I hear a weird noise from what seems to be my front-left wheel (i could be wrong), kind of a rubbing weird noise. If you stop the car and put it in (P)ark then (D)rive again, it will not happen again until you turn the car OFF, then back ON.

My dealer told me that it is the actuator checking the ABS, and that it is completely normal.

Have others noticed this?
My IS-300 is brand new ,just broke 1k miles, had 8 days

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
This is one time where the dealer may be right! It may very well be the ABS actuator going through a "check" cycle. I had a Trans Am that did the same thing. I haven't actually heard this on my IS300 however I'm also not listining for anything unusual.

Mike

·
Registered
515 Posts
Originally posted by Agro:
Has anyone else noticed this? My dealer says its normal.

When I turn my car on, put it into (D)rive, then start to pull away, I hear a weird noise from what seems to be my front-left wheel (i could be wrong), kind of a rubbing weird noise. If you stop the car and put it in (P)ark then (D)rive again, it will not happen again until you turn the car OFF, then back ON.

My dealer told me that it is the actuator checking the ABS, and that it is completely normal.

Have others noticed this?
My IS-300 is brand new ,just broke 1k miles, had 8 days

Thanks!

How can you break-in (1k miles) in 8 days??

I drove for 7 days and added only 150 miles n it. ( A total of 300 somethin' miles)

Man, it's hard to put my foot off the pedal.... I want to pay the dealer to break-in for me or somethin'

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, i think it was more like 10 days.
I had 300 miles on it last Friday from just normal driving here and there. Then I took my g/f up to Pismo Beach (past Santa Barbara) and that whole trip was like 600 miles or so. I didn't drive it like a maniac, i just drove nicely up the coast. I know the IS loved it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts