Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this weird noise for some time now after replacing both my back rotors. When I drive and brake slowly i.e coming to a stop, the noise would be louder.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Sounds like maybe the rotor is hitting the caliper or bracket.

·
Registered
656 Posts
There seems to be a lot of issues with rear rotors not fitting right on our cars. I see it a lot on Facebook, as well as my experience as well.

I got some used cross drilled rotors a while back for super cheap but had to spend a considerable time trying to identify why they were grinding (or whir whirring) on the backing plate. I eventually grinded down the backing plate or dust shield closest to the rotor, I used an angle grinder with a flap wheel. I haven't had the noise since.

In your case though, it might be the internal parking brake hardware inside the rotor.

·
Registered
354 Posts
There seems to be a lot of issues with rear rotors not fitting right on our cars. I see it a lot on Facebook, as well as my experience as well.

I got some used cross drilled rotors a while back for super cheap but had to spend a considerable time trying to identify why they were grinding (or whir whirring) on the backing plate. I eventually grinded down the backing plate or dust shield closest to the rotor, I used an angle grinder with a flap wheel. I haven't had the noise since.

In your case though, it might be the internal parking brake hardware inside the rotor.
Had the same exact issue recently with PowerStop rotors. Took quite a while to narrow down the noise because once the wheel is off and the rotors aren't "torqued" to the hub the noise goes away. I definitely used quite a few choice words while troubleshooting the issue, lol.

Reactions: Piggity

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Might be the parking brake hardware. I messed up in not turning the star adjuster and just released the parking brake when taking the rear rotors off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts