Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it sounds like a jack hammer is in my engine, no joke check out the vid to see for yourself. anyone have any suggestions as to what this is? it just started doin this as of late... the car has oil btw. it sounds like it's coming from the timing cover, but i really have no idea what the source of the problem is...

heres the video:
YouTube - Lexus IS300 Weird Noise Engine

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
it sounds like a jack hammer is in my engine, no joke check out the vid to see for yourself. anyone have any suggestions as to what this is? it just started doin this as of late... the car has oil btw. it sounds like it's coming from the timing cover, but i really have no idea what the source of the problem is...

heres the video:
YouTube - Lexus IS300 Weird Noise Engine

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
...anyone? or did i pull a stumper. if you fast forward the vid to the end you can kinda get a better idea of what it sounds like. it's not as loud as the vid makes it out to be, but you can def. notice it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
rod knock? you check your oil recently?

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Watched your vid......it's dark and all I hear is sound. To me it sounds like something is hitting the engine fan (like a bike wheel turning with paper stuck in it).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the responses, yeah it has plenty of oil. i'll try to get a vid in the daylight... that vid is terrible. but i think most of you are right with something rubbing. i was just tryin to see if this was a common problem. i think i need to get a better vid up.

·
Registered
262 Posts
bearings in either
1 power steering pump
2 alternator
3 water pump
4 idler pulley
take a long screw driver put it on the individual component and put it to your ear replace which ever is louder you'll know

1 - 11 of 11 Posts