Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to bestbuy today to just check out some speakers. When I was leaving and about to open my car, another IS300 same color, black, same dealership, says Rallye in the back, pulls up. Can you believe that the liscence plate is the SAME?!... Well not really, only one digit off... the last number is different otherwise everything is the same. Is this POSSIBLE?!

·
Registered
323 Posts
its possible. maybe u two were in the dealership at the same time. but one time i was with my dad in his car, and we saw another car TWO digits off from the license plate. its pretty crazy if u think about it.

mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yep possible if the other owner bought it after you and the paperwork was close together. Back in the early 90s, my sister and I got new cars, a Prelude 4WS and a Honda Accord EX, bought at the same time at the same dealer. Our license plates were sequential.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
The dealers send all the registration requests in a "batch" to the DMV like once a month (or some interval). So, yes it happens alot that the DMV processes a bunch of similar cars (from the same dealership) sequentially.

Either that or it was your evil twin.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just hope that the other guy never tries to rob a bank or anything!! You may have a lot of explaining to do

------------------
Perception IS Reality

·
Registered
654 Posts
Screw that! Rob a bank your self and let the other guy have explainging to do! Then use the money to soup up your IS! Hehe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
shadoh6
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing