Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought i share a couple fun stories....this past weekend my girl friend and i went up too visit friends in jacksonville FL...sat night they have an illegal get together for drags...so i went to play..
every one meets up in a parking lot and goes to play on the highway from there...
1st race...a supercharged saleen mustang<early 90s style trunk> comes through where were parked and starts reving his engine and acting all V8ish....you could hear a healthy blower on the car....so my buddy walks up to him and says "hey.....wanna race the lexus?.." this was met with a laugh from the mustang owner..then a .."yeah sure..lets go" so i jump in the lex and follow him to the highway...we pull 2nd gear and he jumps on the gas 1st and gets about a car lead on me....run through 2nd...into 3rd im door to door with him..pull 4th and drive by him putting 2 car lengths on him...shift to 5th to pull some more but theres traffic ahead so we slow.....i get next to him and my buddy says..."what happened?"...and he says his fuel pressure isnt right.....my buddy laughs and says your gonna need more then fuel pressure to beat this car...lol..
So we go back to the hang out and tell everyone what happened.....then a nice Firebird WS6 pulls up...this car had beaten my buddys supra a few weeks earlier so we knew what he had....intake...headers...exahust...stall converter...drag radials...and a 175 shot of NOS....confirmed by the shop that installed it..they ask the WS6..."wanna race the lexus....."..agian greeted with a chuckle......ok lets go...he says....but then the supercharged mustang i spanked shows back up....so i tell the guy in the WS6...i just beat that stag....race him and see what ya do...so they go and race right on the stereet in front of us and the WS6 whips the mustang too...so he comes back and wants to race the lexus....so we rolled to the highway with a crowd of cars following to watch the race...we slow to a 1st gear 10mph roll...we hit it at the same time...and he noses me in 1st gear...pull 2nd were side by side.....3rd i get half a car.....4th get a car or so...then we back off and head back to the lot.....WS6 owner gives me the what the @#%$ face and shakes my hand saying....your too much for me...whats in there...so i tell him just a turbo...and smile.....

i think i need to goto jacksonville more often...good races up there...and by the way..i got the WS6 kill on video...just need to figure out how to post it here...

------------------
Jeff from Miami
1995 SC300 Turbo 6 speed
Got Boost?
[email protected]

·
Registered
148 Posts
Originally posted by SC300TURBO:
just thought i share a couple fun stories....this past weekend my girl friend and i went up too visit friends in jacksonville FL..

SC300TURBO, are you going to join us at Homestead Raceway on MARCH 17th in MIAMI? Would love to have ya? We rented the entire track for road racing ALL day long. You will get over 5 hours of track time. Private me at [email protected] or go to www.chinmotorsports.com and check the details.

·
13,978 Posts
nice kills. so are you running your car at 20 psi now?? i remember you saying that you were gonna raise it (i think), did you ever do that?? or is your car still at 15 psi?? and did you dyno it again?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice to hear jeff, I have heard a lot of these races, I would be interested contact me if you can help I have already spoke to you but not about this.

[email protected]

------------------
'01 Solar IS300
going back to stock (until I get Turbo)

·
Registered
653 Posts
How much did the turbo cost? I was thinking about putting a NOS system in from Nitrous Works so I want to know some options.

------------------

2001 Lexus IS300
Black Onyx/Fully Equipped
Dont start none and there wont be none!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ummmmm...street racing...great. What a joke. Maybe you'd impress people with ET's...but "I pulled him by two cars through 4th grear" and stuff of that nature only impresses high school kids and people who've never seen a drag strip.

------------------
I'll dump my Mustang for an IS...if and when they EVER make an IS coupe!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Someone sounds like they don't like street racing, what are you scared of the REAL thing, anyone can race on a track but it takes skill and precision and a lot of luck to race on the streets, w/ or w/o traffic. so if you don't like...

well just suck it...

Originally posted by WhyNoISCoupe:
Ummmmm...street racing...great. What a joke. Maybe you'd impress people with ET's...but "I pulled him by two cars through 4th grear" and stuff of that nature only impresses high school kids and people who've never seen a drag strip.

------------------
'01 Solar IS300
going back to stock (until I get Turbo)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry mr politicaly correct "no is300"..to please you the car has run an [email protected] with a 1.8 60ft on an open diff and 5spd trannt..im now in a 6spd tranny and a limited slip rear end.....i enjoy street racing...and others do to.....i enjoy the track but when its over 100 miles away you do what ya can....let me know when ya want to take the rustang to the track

as for the polite people...im still running 15psi....im stilll happy with that for now...i spent about 15k from start to finish with all mods installation and tuning....including all exahust and computers im running

------------------
Jeff from Miami
1995 SC300 Turbo 6 speed
Got Boost?
[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
SC300TURBO
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing