Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
not too many people have this intake for the IS, but weapon-r makes great products. a friend of mine had one on his g35 and it was great...perfect fitment, everything. judging by the picture, it looks like the intake will fit just fine in the IS. i say go for it...it's a geat price...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not too many people have this intake for the IS, but weapon-r makes great products. a friend of mine had one on his g35 and it was great...perfect fitment, everything. judging by the picture, it looks like the intake will fit just fine in the IS. i say go for it...it's a geat price...
Thank, I will look into it more and most likely order it this week. Anyone else know anything about this intake?

·
Registered
601 Posts
I would suggest going with what EVERYONE else on this forums seems to have, the SRT intake with the racing ecu... link here-> Lexus IS300 High Flow Intake System with RACE ECU

yes its a little expensive, but with the size and everything, its deff worth it. I'm about to buy one myself soon.. reading peoples signatures and what not will tell you whats good..
hope this helps

·
Registered
827 Posts
^^ i dont have one but i would say get the SRT its the best intake

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I've been looking into the SRT intake also. Than I saw this one. But I might end up goini with the SRT intake. Anyone else recommend the SRT?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought this intake for my IS last year, and honestly, i wish i hadn't. they said it was vehicle specific, and i don't think thats the case. the tubing puts the filter right up against my headlight. it sounds nice, but it wasn't designed specifically for the car. mine came with this ram air tubing to attach to the tip of the filter but since the filter is against my headlight, i can't even use it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
in fact i'm most likely going to switch it out for an SRT to go with my Dragger II (great sound btw)

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I would actually like to see someone test the weapon-r intake, I personally don't trust the filter so if I ever ended up with one I'd throw an AEM filter on it.

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
I own one and i like it alot. I got new hoses, a new filter, and powder coated it black. I like it and sounds great. especially for that price. Just get a heat shield for you headers cause the piping isn't plastic and on long drices can get heated up by the heat. other than that its great. Mine will be for sale in a month or so. Getting a new one (SRT)

·
Banned
3,243 Posts
the best intake out there are AEM, K&N and INJEN thats it.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I just install my SRT w/ECU-R and it makes a difference quicker response and acceleration very proud!!!

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
i just wouldn't trust any parts with that ricer name imho LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts