Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well enough abotu the fueds between the acuras and the lexus. WE was robbed by a greater source. Motor trend completely robed us. Well actually, they robbed the acura of its rightfull place in 1st the vote for motor trends car of the year. What a crock of **** that the POS chrysler PT cruiser wins. Its a piece of garbage.ITs slow, ugly and i cant believe anyone actually waited to get it. The IS300 on the other hand, well it put up a good fight, it was slower than some but fast than others, but if u read, not only do they say that the acura cl-s engine whales, it screams to a 0-60 in 6.4 and leads the pack in almost every cxatagory. So what if its 10 grand more that the pt cruiser, the IS300 is 5 grand more at least, with a package or 2, and the acura still destroys the lexus. I just think that Motor trend needs to spend more time in making diffent catagories for its awards, this cars (the acura and pt cruiser, dont belong in the same article, the pt cruiser deserves to be in the junk year and the cl=s should be in all garages. thats my opinion. Look and love .

------------------
silver acura cl-s

·
Registered
77 Posts
LOL, the Acura board is down, so we're starting to come here, huh?

Nice photoshop job on the front turn signal lenses.

I'm not defending the PT Cruiser, but they've sold more of them than the CL and the IS300 combined.

It may be slow, and ugly (opinion) but its very MUCH IN DEMAND to the general public. Maybe that's part of the reason it won.

------------------
99 M3
01 CL Type-S

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey tom, thats not photshoped lights. I actually put silver decal over the chrome around the lights. It actually looked great from above but if u looked up close, not very good, I took it off today. BUt yeh i know about the PT and its populatity. Dont know why. Well anyway, yeh the site is down but i always post here anyway. Soopa says the site is getting a new server. Funny, to many post yesterday crahsed it.

------------------
silver acura cl-s

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oh, I see what you're talking about. So are you gonna crack open those xenons and clear out the yellow now?

I don't think anyone has done that yet.

------------------
99 M3
01 CL Type-S

·
Registered
333 Posts
Many people did that, but it tends to be a little difficult, and will void the warranty on the xenon's..
Ed

------------------
1999 TL Non/Nav, Satin Silver/Ebony, Comptech Springs,Comptech Exhaust, Inspire tails, Air filter, Guy Smiley as my Co-driver...many many more..
1999 Miata Touring, RB springs, Koni adjustables, RB intake, RB roll bar, BBS RV 16x7 on 225/40/16 Sp9000's, Kickin' sound system, soon to have headers and BSP dual exhaust..Click here to see

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No way am i crackin those lights. Way too much effort and the car is leased. Like i said, took a silver decal and placed it over the chrome, but its off now, may try again though. Well see.

------------------
silver acura cl-s

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think the PT cruiser was an excellent choice for car of the year. Innovative and daring styling, totally different than anything Chrysler has ever done and it's been a very good source of revenue for them. But on the other hand, I agree there should be categories for the award.

------------------

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by Shoofin'TL:
Many people did that....
Are you talking about the TL? 'Cause I haven't seen anyone do it yet on the new CL, have you?

------------------
99 M3
01 CL Type-S

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
It has long been established that the Honda Accord Coupe type S is not a very popular car on this forum, and rightly so...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Originally posted by Tom:
Oh, I see what you're talking about. So are you gonna crack open those xenons and clear out the yellow now?

I don't think anyone has done that yet.

I am planning on cracking open my old headlights since I am getting two new ones. I'll let you guys know how it went

------------------
Acura 2001 3.2 CL-S
Miami, Fl.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts