Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Let me know if you need any help. Google can sometimes help with search while we wait for advanced search to be enabled again.
-Philip
thanks for the idea. i forgot about google syntax within their site to search specific sites.
for anyone that wants to know how:
1: go to google's search box
2: enter in "site:my.is" no quotes and no spaces
3: followed by what you would like to search my.is for

for example: site:my.is pcv exhaust valve cover

You can use any and all of goolges search modifies like quotes and + and so on.

happy searching.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm just glad the mobile version was redone, the old one was atrocious. Also, I haven't seen the "this page will go away and redirect you in 5 seconds" crap

I have yet to find the multiple searches within a certain time frame limit too. I have run into that if i'm looking for certain key words and i'm not using the right ones.

·
Administrator
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
How To Multi-Quote

Step 1
: Click the multi-quote icon at the bottom of each post that you want to quote.

Step 2: Scroll down to the text editor where you are going to write your post. Click "Insert Quotes".

Step 3: A small window will pop up for you to verify (or delete) quoted content that will be added to your post. Click "Quote messages".

Final Step: The quoted content will automatically be added to the text editor. Add your comments and click to post your reply.

Added Notes: You can multi-quote from more than one discussion thread in the forum. You can also simply highlight the part of the text you want to quote. A small popup will allow you to choose the multi-quote option using just the selected content.

- Cricket

·
Registered
78 Posts
I know search is still being worked on but is it in the plan to be able so search within a specific forum section? Like I want to search “headers” but only in the marketplace forum for example?

·
Administrator
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I know search is still being worked on but is it in the plan to be able so search within a specific forum section? Like I want to search “headers” but only in the marketplace forum for example?
It is my understanding that will be an option with the advanced search.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
This may sound dumb but where do I find the threads I’ve subscribed to?
How To Find Subscribed Threads

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view thread discussions or followed forums. You can also manage your notifications for them here.

Is this what you are looking for?

- Cricket

·
Registered
78 Posts
How To Find Subscribed Threads

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view thread discussions or followed forums. You can also manage your notifications for them here.

Is this what you are looking for?

- Cricket
wow. well dont i feel dumb. thank you for that.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts