Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my car for about a week now and i'm already thinking about waxing it maybe in a month.........any ideas.....thanks.......also the dash looks really dry what can i use?

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you talk to a lot of experience car people. They'll tell you that One Grand Blitz Wax is one of the leading waxes out there. If you are a freak like me, you apply the wax with your hand (yes, bare hand) to ease the wax on the right way. Hope that helps.

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
I heard that Armor All isn't too good...like if you don't always use it the dash will be more prone to cracking.

------------------
By making this post I am not claiming to be an expert of any sort on the topic and should not be taken as such. It's just my opinion and worth what you paid for it.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
FINISH FIRST!
i just got the stuff today and i'm waiting to wipe off the first layer before putting on another coat. geoff can tell you more about it but it seems like it's good stuff.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Gotta go with ZAINO
if you're looking for absolutely THE best shine and durability. Not to mention it's extremely easy to apply and remove. I used the premium Meguiar's waxes for years, but they don't even come close to Zaino's results. Check out www.zainobros.com
I hear FinishFirst is similar, but Zaino is better, IMO.
Most off the shelf products are a total waste of money, i.e. Turtle Wax,Armor All, etc....no shine, no durability. 3M makes good stuff, especially the swirl remover.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
I just used Mothers stage three natural carnuba wax...

I did a 2000 Celica, my IS, and a 99 RX300.
I CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE.
My god it took way too long.
Maybe I can't tell the difference because of the clear coat?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by SophieSleeps:
I just used Mothers stage three natural carnuba wax...

I did a 2000 Celica, my IS, and a 99 RX300.
I CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE.
My god it took way too long.
Maybe I can't tell the difference because of the clear coat?
I personally have prefer Klasse, but haven't tried Zaino or Finish First. Zaino and FF have a big following, but I've never heard from someone who has used both. From reading, Klasse sounds a lot easier to use though. Just FWIW.

------------------
By making this post I am not claiming to be an expert of any sort on the topic and should not be taken as such. It's just my opinion and worth what you paid for it.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Again, I'm the laziest person in IS community. All you Z people need to spend $23 and get one can of Finish First, see that the results are the same, realize it took you a third as much time and it will last 6 months instead of two. Seriously. Spend $23. It will make your life easier. You don't even have to tell people that you used to use a Z wax

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Klasse makes a treatment for rubber leather and vinyl. I hear Lexol (I think that's what it's called) is good too.

------------------

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
whatever you do, don't use any of that informercial stuff. i had some friends try some stuff they bought off those infomercials...i laughed at them...then i really felt sorry for them when i saw what it did to their cars. poor cars...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by HyperMKIV:
whatever you do, don't use any of that informercial stuff. i had some friends try some stuff they bought off those infomercials...i laughed at them...then i really felt sorry for them when i saw what it did to their cars. poor cars...

Any product(s) in particular? I've seen Durashine and that colored polish firsthand. Neither did anything bad to the car itself...they just didn't seem to work.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
it was that one where you use this funky applicator for it. just wipe it on. it totally screwed up my friend's truck. forget what it was called, but they demo'ed it on an es300 tho...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
I use Meguiar's "Intensive Protectant" and "Clean, Shine, and Protect" for all the interior plastic and dash cleaning. Leaves a nice rich shine without being too glaring. It's never greasy either unlike Armor All, Black Magic, etc. These are some of the better over the counter cleaners you can buy and available everywhere.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Originally posted by SpectraBlueIS300:
Definetly check out Zaino, that stuff is great.
YES! Another Zaino faithful!
I knew you were out there. Z IS the best.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts