Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else get small white pieces of dried wax stuck on the top of the painted plastic molding strip going across the lower part of the car? If so.. what have you done to get it out? I just waxed with Zymol and have tons of it in there, does the strip come off?!?

------------------
-IStheBest-

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Yeah, that's a common problem with over the counter waxes. Before I started using Zaino, I was a Meguiar's buff, and that stuff did the same thing. Anyway, I used a toothpick and water or gloss enhancer and maybe a small thin rag to get in those areas. You can poke the toothpick through the rag or just use it alone. That's just another reason to love Zaino, it doesn't crust up.

------------------
92 RS 25th Anniv.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was under the impression that Zymol was the best, but is the Zaino you are talking about that doesn't have this problem a liquid or solid?!?
Thanks a lot..

------------------
-IStheBest-

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
I used to have that problem with Doug's girlfriend's bubble butt...I'd wax that thing all the time and there would always be crusties later. LOL

I use either a toothpick or Q-Tip to remove any unsightly crustification. 3M doesn't really do that on my SBM - get a better wax.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Originally posted by IStheBest:
I was under the impression that Zymol was the best, but is the Zaino you are talking about that doesn't have this problem a liquid or solid?!?
Thanks a lot..

Zaino's all liquid in 12oz (I think) bottles. Zymol, Meguiar's and 3M are about as good as you can do with over the counter waxes. I used to think those products were the best until I took the plunge and ordered the Z. I'll never use anything else now, it's that good. Plus, Z is not a wax, it's a polish, so you can improve your shine with multiple coats. Check out www.zainobros.com for the scoop. I was a sceptic about it at first, but now I see that it IS totally worth it, even if it is a hassle to mail order. Good Luck!

------------------
92 RS 25th Anniv.

[This message has been edited by MikeLS (edited January 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Are you talking about the product found in www.zymol.com when you are referring to zymol wax?

Be aware there are two versions: the one sold over the counter at auto shops under the Zymol name is actually manufactured by TurtleWax. The one from www.zymol.com is the real deal and is one of the best (just my opinion
) though zaino is supposed to be really good also.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
blue_j,
The Zymol I am referring to has the same container as the one at www.zymol.com and came with an official certification explaining its origins in 1800's Germany or something, yet I did buy it at Pep Boys for about $12 per bottle. Are you sure it is not the real product?!?

------------------
-IStheBest-

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like to use an old plastic card (credit card type) and wrap a cotton towel around it to get the gunk out. Can use the same method to put some wax in those areas too.

·
Registered
816 Posts
One thing that's not going to help now but you should consider the next time is to simply pay more attention to the application technique. I always put FF to the application towel and spread it over a flat areas first so that it's soaked in and evenly distributed on the towel. I hit the crevasses and details only when the towel is just right.

------------------
051/LP/SR/LD/HH

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don't know how to get rid of that crap, but I will agree that Zaino doesn't have that problem. It's awesome stuff. And just look at that shine

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Hey Golden,
Gotta love that beautiful Zaino shine!

Got that CL-S lookin' good there. Keep up the good work!

------------------
92 RS 25th Anniv.

·
Registered
114 Posts
AS DanR said. This an old detailers trick.Make sure that the brush is a soft one.
Originally posted by DanR:
I usually use a toothbrush to get wax out.

------------------
Silver,Graphite, Black
Fully Loaded

1 - 14 of 14 Posts