Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to get rid of water spots? My ride recently got blasted by some sprinklers and they left some pretty bad water spots. I want to get rid of them without damaging the paint. Thanks for any suggestions!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Clay bar should do the trick...then rewax and seal that badboy up

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Griots garage speed shine. Best product I have ever used. Spray on wipe of quick easy no residue left behind, doesnt scratch finish or strip wax. u can use it on anything even the interior. It is awsome. And the spots ot come back after you wash it either. It removes the film, doesnt cover it up.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
I had the same problem once and it was on there pretty good since I didn't wash the car for a week or so afterwards. I tried everything and it didn't come off so I ended up having to use the orbittal on it and it came off.

·
Registered
578 Posts
wash the car, wax it and that should do the trick ;)

·
BLACK RICAN
2,569 Posts
what about water spots on the glass?

·
Premium Member
2,767 Posts
window cleaner? :p

·
BLACK RICAN
2,569 Posts
Seven said:
window cleaner? :p
mgun: Been there and done that. Window cleaner does not cut it.

·
BLACK RICAN
2,569 Posts
nocash said:
I just followed someones tip from this board and used 50% vinegar and 50% water on my glass and it worked unbeliveable well.....
Thanks for the info. I will try it out.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I just went through this ordeal. Sprinklers blasted car and the spots got dried and baked on.

I have a black car too...so washing, waxing didn't do that job..spots were still there.

so
I rewashed....Clayed...then
I used Meguiars Scratch X ...and alot of work by hand to get the spots out. I had to use 3 applications on the hood and fenders.

Finished with a couple layers of Meguiars NXT

Looks good now but it was hella hard work by hand....

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Any suggestions about windows? I just bought the car in FL and it has pretty bad water spots on it. I have tried vinegar mineral spirits and windex and still cant get it off. I know steel wool will work but don't want to scratch the glass up.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
use steam cleaner, very nice way of cleaing rims/engine bay/ water spot

·
Registered
149 Posts
bigkahuna2187 said:
i hear cat pee works very well also

ya i also heard if u rub dog shit into it the paint comes out better than new . it also removes scratches :cool:

but cat piss? never heard of that

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
kevcorm said:
ya i also heard if u rub dog shit into it the paint comes out better than new . it also removes scratches :cool:

but cat piss? never heard of that
i heard the snail slime will do the job :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts