Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have an 2001 IS300 with 185k. i had it since it been new. I did change my timing belt but I never replaced water pump. However it doesn't make any bad sounds or doesn't seem to leak. Should I still replace it? Did anyone do it? How hard is it? I looks like it is on accessory belt screwed on with two bolts or am I looking at something else. Thank you guys!!!

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
I had mine done at 90K, but Ive heard its not all that difficult. do a search and Im sure theres a DIY on it. I would go ahead and do it, jsut ot be on the safe side

·
Registered
180 Posts
YOU MUST DO IT,, don't do it if you can afford a blown headgasket or if you dont care about the hassle..

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I didn't change my waterpump when I did my timing belt. The reason people change the water pump at the same time as the timing belt is to avoid the labour charges associated with ACCESSING that area. But it's a gamble. Your water pump could go soon after you change your timing belt and then you have to pay for that extra labour a 2nd time. Then again... the pump may not fail for another 100,000kms... and you can use that money for other things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts