Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about buying a water and meth kit for my car and I was wondering what you guys thought would be the best kit to get. I would like to get opinions of people who actually have these installed on their cars.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I know there are a couple members running Coolingmist kits. I myself have just bought one, but yet to install it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, so no one else has any experience with water/meth kits that wanna share any info or opinions?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Theres TONS of info. out there...
CoolingMist, Devilsown, Aquamist, Jetwerks, etc. take your pick. Issues of failing pumps, clogged nozzles, blah blah are well behind us. Understand the risks and failsafes and put together a setup. :) Coolingmist has some mindless simple install kits such as the Standard Trunk Mount kit; add a progressive controller and you're set.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Kits range from on/off systems to progressive kits, some with "safeties" and I think aquamist goes as far as making a controller that taps into any one of you injector signals to make for a more truly accurate "progressive" delivery.

Find out your budget and go from there. I'd love to have the trick systems so that I could have a "full out" tune utilizing the water/meth to the fullest, but my piggy back as a mappable on/off output, so I'll just have an on/off type setup. Better than nothing and is costing me pretty cheap.

BTW Devil's Own is pretty affordable. But using brass in water/meth systems has me scratching my head.

·
Registered
509 Posts
The AEM kit is progressive, but also has built-in failsafes which most of the others do not. Even with the failsafe it is about the same price as say the Coolingmist progressive kit.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been looking into getting the AEM unit but haven't heard too much about it or others using it either.

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
The AEM sounds nice. Sound-Performance in IL uses that unit on their Supras and other cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts