Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
Im kinda new to the car world and im confused as my is300 has leaked a good amount of water today that I have never seen before. It looks like its coming from a hose that comes thru from the passenger side.. I have no clue if it was connected to another hose. Today I went to buy a new tire and when it got installed I took the back roads of my city, I don't really use my a/c but I did today. I used it for about 30 minutes... then I stopped to get a drink at the store. When I came out I saw a pretty noticeable puddle under my car.. I opened the hood and saw this hose leaking (im going to attach it). I figured it was the a/c so I didn't use it on my way home but then it was still leaking. None of my fluids are low.. it seems to be water. Is this normal? Any opinions will be help to me as im entering this mechanical world....

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
That is the AC evap drain tube. It is normal for water to come from that tubing when the AC is on. Nothing to worry about providing you have no water on your passenger floor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts