Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, anyone try a water injection on their NA is300?

can i run the water injection with more advance ignition timing with emanage?

and also can it clean the internal engine?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Honestly, it's not going to help NA much at all. It won't clean your engine. If you're not careful, you'll just hydrolock it!

·
Registered
548 Posts
hycrolock. no you cant do it.

water injection is meant to cool intake charge on boosted cars where the air temp from being compressed and the turbo housing makes it very hot. it vaporizes the water as it goes in.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I had a school buddy (1985-86) that had a 70's muscle car. To save money on gas he used water injection so he could run regular gas instead of premium. He claimed the water in the intake charge elimiated the pinging but he also ran a little less advance. I think there was a company selling the water injector kits for a while in the 80's?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so, should i go for the aquamist kit recommand for force induction? which cost over $400

or should i go for spearco water injection for NA engine kit which is around $250

anyway anyone heard of spearco water injection kit? are they any good? i know they make intercooler but not sure abt their water pump quaility

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
using water injection for NA makes just as much sense as using thicker headgasket for NA.

i mean, you could... but why...?

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
it sounds like everyone is NOT on the same sheet of music.

"asinn" do you really know what water injection systems are?

besides, its just like saying getting a intercooler for a manifold mounted supercharger. the air will be cool going in, but the minute it hits the vacuum and the intake manifold, the temp will be right back up. maybe not as hot, but its definitely not worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts