Lexus IS Forum banner

4741 - 4748 of 4748 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Panerai still looking strong!

Sold an older titanium atomic World Ecodrive on WUS and picked this up for my birthday in April as my new travel watch. Also atomic, titanium & ecodrive Blue Angels skyhawk:

Next to the old one I sold:

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I've had this one for a couple years now and it's a champ. Locks in quick and is highly accurate. Love it.

Finally pulled the trigger on an SKX007 when I saw the price dip a bit on Amazon. This will be a daily driver for me, I still love my Oris but I try to keep the desk diver marks off of it.

Edit: Yes, that's the same watch I bought for my boss. I liked it so much I added it to my wish list :)

Also picked up a Garmin S2 recently for golf and can't figure out why I didn't get one sooner. Very accurate, rechargeable...looks like I should be able to get 2 rounds at a time out of it. It is surprisingly well engineered and comfortable. For a rubber band, the design allows it to feel very light and breathable and also allows for a very high level of adjustability. The first round I played with it I didn't even feel it on my wrist.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I picked up the regular Skyhawk titanium a year ago and I find I just don't wear it that often. To me it's right on the border of being too big as the whole big watch 44 plus has played itself out. To the point of if I bought a Panerai I wonder if I could get the 44 over the 40. Any Panerai owners like Magoo have any thoughts?

Panerai still looking strong!

Sold an older titanium atomic World Ecodrive on WUS and picked this up for my birthday in April as my new travel watch. Also atomic, titanium & ecodrive Blue Angels skyhawk:

Next to the old one I sold:

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
I picked up the regular Skyhawk titanium a year ago and I find I just don't wear it that often. To me it's right on the border of being too big as the whole big watch 44 plus has played itself out. To the point of if I bought a Panerai I wonder if I could get the 44 over the 40. Any Panerai owners like Magoo have any thoughts?
Specifically for Panerai, go 44 or higher. A 40mm watch is nice (I love my 40 and 41.5), but with a 40mm Panerai looks small and disproportionate. It's not as much a factor of diameter but rather a function of diameter and height; some 44mm Panerais wear large (my 312 wears larger than most 44mm watches because it is a tall watch), while some 47mm Panerais wear slim (again, due to height).

I often wonder if I'll keep the Panerai, but every time I think I'm going to sell it I fall back in love with the watch for its simplistic design yet great attention to detail. It's really a special design and the straps are very unique to Panerai compared to other brands.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Really like the 560 and 512.

4741 - 4748 of 4748 Posts
About this Discussion
4.7K Replies
157 Participants
Chigger
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing