Lexus IS Forum banner

4721 - 4740 of 4748 Posts

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Very nice dude, I am a big fan of the diver watches too. My boss has a Breitling almost identical to yours. I have had a Navitimer Blue Sky on my wish list for a long time, it's just hard for me to justify that kind of coin when we are in the process of furnishing / remodeling my house :p

·
Registered
23,822 Posts
I guessed Breitling based on the description of the face; very well put, and congrats on the acquisition.

I had that watch some six years ago in white and liked it on croc. Any plans for a strap, or staying bracelet?

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Going to pick up a Diver Pro 1 rubber, always loved that strap.

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
Been a little busy the last few months, really since I moved to Florida. I went through my G-Shock phase, luckily it stopped at 5 watches.

It then moved into the diver phase which is still going strong. Late year I got the Ecozilla that is posted a few pages back, at the same time I got another Citizen diver which I hated the orange rubber strap it came on. A few weeks ago I picked up a black/red NATO that goes really well with the PVD case, this watch now gets a lot of wrist time:

I then picked up a new generation Orange Monster, been wanting to get one for years and finally went ahead and did it. Pissed I waited so long, I love everything about this watch. It has even gotten me to re-think my desire for larger watches.

Bad picture:

Despite my previous statement I had a moment of weakness and bought a Deep Blue DayNight 32. This thing is a beast and I love it.

Finally last week I decided to go ahead and finally buy myself a "nice" watch. Of course I'm still feeling the diver love. so I picked this baby up from the WUS used forums. It arrived today and I could not find one flaw, my wife and a friend at work both thought it was brand new. My friend watched me open it and the seller packed it so well he couldn't believe it was a private seller.

First impression is that the quality is obviously at a level I am not used to. The fit and finish are flawless, the heft perfect, the band is a work of art, the face, despite being black, shows as black, sometimes brilliant blue, sometimes slate gray. I don't think I'll ever get bored of looking at in different lights. Fits and wears much smaller than the listed 44mm, this is good and bad. It will wear well under a cuff but it lacks the size I'm used to with some of my other watches. It definitely is a fashion diver, not nearly the tool diver my DB and Eco are.

shave yo gotdamn arm....

nice pieces....
i just got the invicta bridge russian diver. shit is dope son.

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
I guessed Breitling based on the description of the face; very well put, and congrats on the acquisition.

I had that watch some six years ago in white and liked it on croc. Any plans for a strap, or staying bracelet?

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
I decided to pick up a new watch last week after I accepted a promotion. My boss (who got me into watches) told me I should buy one of my grail Breitlings or Roleys to celebrate. I still can't bring myself to tie up that much money in a watch but I did want to start stepping up my game a little. After much deliberation I settled on my first high quality swiss auto, a diver from Oris one of my favorite companies:

The previous gen 733-7533-8555MB

I went with the prior gen diver vs the Aquis due to the scalloped dial face which I thought looked more interesting (Omega-esque) than the new plain face it also has a slightly bigger case and more interesting features. I cross shopped the Titan and "small second hand" versions but I was looking for a skeletonized back specifically which they did not have.

Takes a few weeks from Jomashop so I'll post up some wrist pics when it arrives. Also had a few Amex rewards points saved up so I synced them to Amazon and snagged two NATO bands for my Invicta carbon fiber diver and Protrek PRG-130Y and a Heiden dual watch winder. I went back and forth on the idea of a winder because I will probably be wearing the Oris a lot but as the collection grows I figured it couldn't hurt.

Still have a Deep Blue T-100 on the radar but I don't like their new styles as much. I really liked their Daynight 65 with the blue face but it is discontinued :(

Also bought this for my boss to say thank you for a great year and to congratulate him for taking a new position across the country. Seiko SKX007. I was really impressed at how awesome this piece looked in person especially with the jubilee bracelet. He wears it a lot and says it gets more wrist time than any of his watches right now...which says a lot considering his collection of Breitlings, Panerais, rare B&Rs, etc.

Also started browsing the WUS forums....oof that place is dangerous!

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
The desk diver arrived, had it sized and absolutely love it. A lot heavier than I thought it would be. Fit and finish is top notch. I love how the clasp has a micro adjustment ability that you can set with a toothpick for a better fit. I had it on the winder last night on the recommended settings but it died anyway so I may need to bump up the Turns Per Day.

Excellent lume, really bright. I charged it up before I went to bed the other night and woke up 4 hours later to it still glowing on the winder.

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Congrats on the promotion and the Oris. That is one of my favorite dive watches.

I'm going to sell my 2 Deep Blues and my G's. 13 watches is just too many.

I just got a big promotion and pay hike recently so I'm looking to treat myself with something modest. Thinking about a Aquaracer 500, the new one with the ceramic bezel. Trying to work my way down in watch sizes, pretty much over the dinner pate on wrist look.

Either that or keep saving for my grail SMPO 8500.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Congrats on the promotion and the Oris. That is one of my favorite dive watches.

I'm going to sell my 2 Deep Blues and my G's. 13 watches is just too many.

I just got a big promotion and pay hike recently so I'm looking to treat myself with something modest. Thinking about a Aquaracer 500, the new one with the ceramic bezel. Trying to work my way down in watch sizes, pretty much over the dinner pate on wrist look.

Either that or keep saving for my grail SMPO 8500.
Thanks man! I am in love with it. I charged the lume before I went to bed on the winder and woke up to it still glowing. Very impressive.

I like where your head is at on the Aquaracer. I actually looked at that exact watch too, it's in my Amazon wish list :)

Do you have a tritium deep blue? If so depending on which model i might be interested.

Here's my Invicta carbon fiber diver on the black and grey NATO strap. Way more comfortable and matches the carbon fiber weave and brushed portions of the case.

Trying to get the all black NATO band onto my protrek but for some reason the japs put loctite on the opposing screws that hold the oem rubber straps on. It's been a fun adventure trying to get them off without ruining the threads on the screws.

·
Registered
11,548 Posts
Thanks man! I am in love with it. I charged the lume before I went to bed on the winder and woke up to it still glowing. Very impressive.

I like where your head is at on the Aquaracer. I actually looked at that exact watch too, it's in my Amazon wish list :)

Do you have a tritium deep blue? If so depending on which model i might be interested.

Here's my Invicta carbon fiber diver on the black and grey NATO strap. Way more comfortable and matches the carbon fiber weave and brushed portions of the case.

Trying to get the all black NATO band onto my protrek but for some reason the japs put loctite on the opposing screws that hold the oem rubber straps on. It's been a fun adventure trying to get them off without ruining the threads on the screws.

Go up a few posts and you will see the Deep Blue, it's a DayNight32 with tritium. I love the watch but looking to cull the herd. My other Deep Blue is the Sun Diver 3, no tritium there.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Ahh I see it nice one! I have been looking specifically for the DB Daynight 65 that was discontinued and can't find it anywhere :( Any DB watch seems to go pretty quick on the WUS forums so I bet you will unload that quick!

This is the one:

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Bringing this thread back from the dead. I purchased a Sevenfriday P3-1. If you aren't familiar with it, you should be. SEVENFRIDAY check them out on Instagram.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on an SKX007 when I saw the price dip a bit on Amazon. This will be a daily driver for me, I still love my Oris but I try to keep the desk diver marks off of it.

Edit: Yes, that's the same watch I bought for my boss. I liked it so much I added it to my wish list :)

Also picked up a Garmin S2 recently for golf and can't figure out why I didn't get one sooner. Very accurate, rechargeable...looks like I should be able to get 2 rounds at a time out of it. It is surprisingly well engineered and comfortable. For a rubber band, the design allows it to feel very light and breathable and also allows for a very high level of adjustability. The first round I played with it I didn't even feel it on my wrist.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
In love (mind the dust particles)

A lume shot comparison with my Oris TT1 (Seiko on the right). The Seiko is brighter but the Oris is crisper and stays crisper for longer...it's also a little more blue-green which you can't really see in this pic:

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
My brother sent me this link today so I did some research on the company and the owner since it is pretty new. The guy who started it is pretty bright, he was a former exec for one of the Berkshire Hathaway companies.

https://www.elevenjames.com/index.php

It's essentially a high end watch rental company. You pay a couple hundred a month and get your pick of watches to wear for 2 months at a time. The founder made an interesting point that a lot of wealthy people are becoming less interested in owning luxuries and more interested in timeshare / rentals of those things (jets, vacation houses, etc.).

I think it would make sense if you were in the market for a high end watch and wanted to try on and live with a couple before you made a big purchase. I don't know if I would personally rent watches constantly because I prefer to build my own collection (and I already have my dream wish list), but it seems they have concierges who help you buy & sell if you like.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
^ I would rather do this with cars than watches

·
Class III Aficionado
21,418 Posts
Picked up my first G-Shock (AWGM100B-1ACR)

Id take a pic but I suck at those and anyways it is this one

4721 - 4740 of 4748 Posts
About this Discussion
4.7K Replies
157 Participants
Chigger
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing