Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Sort of up to you I'd go with flat black or black pearl... black pearl is more elegant and flat is more sporty...I think

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I've heard a couple people who have done 3

Reactions: 01MsMIS

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
I paint them for people all the time

And have typed paint DIY for the grills etc..on here same principal involved

But I don't use spray paint :lol:

·
Registered
678 Posts
01MsMIS said:
I’m planning to paint my Emblems, and I would like to know wat color do u guys think I should paint it? Gun Metal, Flat Black, or try to make it look like Black Pearl? Btw, my car is MSM. thx
if you go with black pearl, I say you just save up and buy the real emblems. I don't think you could ever get it the same as real black pearl unless you paint cars for a living or something.

if you have enough money for a xbox and 2 tv's in your car, you definately have enough money for real emblems.

just a thought. ;)

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tpc_01 said:
if you go with black pearl, I say you just save up and buy the real emblems. I don't think you could ever get it the same as real black pearl unless you paint cars for a living or something.

if you have enough money for a xbox and 2 tv's in your car, you definately have enough money for real emblems.

just a thought. ;)

haha yea i know, just want to get the cheapest, but looks nice.

·
Registered
833 Posts
i saw a threat afew hours ago saying the dealership charges $60 alone for just the L. so what yah plan to put ? the whole "lexus" "L" "is300" ?

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
01MsMIS said:
why not spray paint? it wont work as well?

suuuuure

I have a air gun, and compressor and all the fancy paint stuff

people have my work :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
If you do decide to go black pearl, I can tell you from experience to get the genuine ones. I bought some on the cheap from a guy in Hong Kong, and they turned out to be very crappy. Tarnished and pealed from day one... not to mention the "Lexus" badge was too big.

I decided to go with "satin" black on mine, which is also the color I used to paint my heads, fogs, and tails. I think flat would look good on your car, but you would need to tie it in with black tails also to complete the look.

Here is a pic of mine with the black painted emblems...

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
^ Looks good. Dont go with gun metal. I did mine yesterday and took them back off 10 mins later. Good luck!

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
SilentAttack said:
^ Looks good. Dont go with gun metal. I did mine yesterday and took them back off 10 mins later. Good luck!

its because paint in a car is way different than other paint

go to paint supply have them mix some gunmetal and then spray :cool:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts