Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, considering the weather lately, work schedules, social life, etc., I'm wondering:

Do most of you wash your cars yourself, go to a detailer, or use the local car wash? If you actually use a car wash (which I'd be scared to do but it can't be worse than the Lexus dealer), which one?

Typically, I've been doing my own wash and wax, but have had great luck with detailers like Ron Ocampo (GotWax?) and seen awesome work by Phil (ADS Mobile) here in the Bay Area.

Just curious, because I seem to have less and less time to pamper my ride the way I'd like to these days.

-J

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I always go to this local car wash center to get my car wash, and they did pretty good job and fast! hmm.. I think it's time to get my car wax!! :)

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
i admit it. i've been really lazy lately. my new car has only been washed 3 times (once by South Bay Lexus for my 1 month check-up, and twice at the local hand car wash). my only complaint is that sometime during those 3 washes, the paint from my SD centercaps disappeared! :eek: so like the other SD owners, i need some new centercaps...

i'm going to set aside some time to actually hand wash and wax my car on a weekend some time soon. i've been carting around that meguiar's car wash & wax stuff in my trunk for while now. :lol:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Anyone in NY knows the weather is a bitch right now.. Forget about washing it by hand.. I found a great In-door handwash.. They do an excellent job :chill:

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Kev IS300 said:
We should have a South Bay "car wash meet" :lol: J/K
dude, let me know if that comes to fruition... :lol: it usually takes me a good 2-3 hours to vacuum, wash & wax my car properly...

·
Registered
735 Posts
Kamis300 said:
Anyone in NY knows the weather is a bitch right now.. Forget about washing it by hand.. I found a great In-door handwash.. They do an excellent job :chill:
can't tell you how many times the locks froze on my honda by washing it in the winter. but that salt is a b*tch.

·
Registered
452 Posts
BlueJ...

When I need a wax, I go to Phil @ ADS. But between those, I hit up the Shell on the corner of Dublin Blvd and Hopyard (Dublin/Pleasanton). it is a completely touchless car wash...they use preasure washers so nothing touches your car but soap and water. it seems to do the job mostly. You know having the black, i gotta watch how much people touch it to prevent those damn swirls!!!

let me know whats up...

later
rolo

·
Registered
735 Posts
r.maestas said:
BlueJ...

When I need a wax, I go to Phil @ ADS. But between those, I hit up the Shell on the corner of Dublin Blvd and Hopyard (Dublin/Pleasanton). it is a completely touchless car wash...they use preasure washers so nothing touches your car but soap and water. it seems to do the job mostly. You know having the black, i gotta watch how much people touch it to prevent those damn swirls!!!

let me know whats up...

later
rolo
long time no see. how is it going. btw i do the same as you. i go to phil baout every other week or so. give me a call rolo.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i just go to the local car wash.. it cost 14.99 but my co worker always gives me free washes cause she works at toyota.. takes about 45 minutes and it's a nice wash.. all hand and hand dried..

i need someone to do the interior detailing though around here.. cant find jack

·
Registered
444 Posts
hey j,

well, with winter upon us my car is pretty dirty these days. no point in washing it if it's just going to rain a couple days later...oh..and i wash it myself- some of those machines chip the paint off your wheels.

hope all is well, see ya!
jon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts