Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, was wondering if you can help me out a little. I want a set of rims that are 18 x 8 / 5 x 114 bolt pattern but the offset is 30mm. Will it be ok on the fender and what size tires would you recommend?

Thanks

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
im no expert on rims but 30mm is too low for our car your gonna have to roll the fender and even with that done you are gonna have some problems. *I COULD BE WRONG* but for offset you should stay in the 40-50 range.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks now with a 30MM offset does it mean that the wheel is closer to the hub or farther away from it, I read the tirerack tech manual but not understanding quite well!

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
The lower the offset....the inner the piece is. I wish the stock is300 can fit a +30mm offset...we would be able to have some big lips. The higher the offset...the less lip you will get.

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
big lips are awsome :) imagine a 5inch lip on an IS..... beautiful

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
True true...a +30 offset will not fit. I am running an 18x8 with a +38 offset and that is about the limit I hear. Everyone said that this wouldnt even fit but I took the chance and got lucky. Dont have any rubbing. To answer your previous question HKS.....the lower the offset, the further the wheel is toward the outside of the car. For instance, a wheel that is +50 compared to the +30 wheel.....the +30 wheel would be 20 mm toward the outside, causing it to rub on the fender. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
sexyLexy808 said:
big lips are awsome :) imagine a 5inch lip on an IS..... beautiful
I think 5 is a little too much. Maybe 5 in the rear would be ok...I would be happy wid a 4 inch rear and around 2.5 front.

·
Registered
115 Posts
E12iC46 -The lower the offset....the inner the piece is. I wish the stock is300 can fit a +30mm offset...we would be able to have some big lips. The higher the offset...the less lip you will get.

THIS IS NOT TRUE for the rear you need a 55 offset to correctly fit a large wheel with a big lip

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
BLACKIS300T said:
E12iC46 -The lower the offset....the inner the piece is. I wish the stock is300 can fit a +30mm offset...we would be able to have some big lips. The higher the offset...the less lip you will get.

THIS IS NOT TRUE for the rear you need a 55 offset to correctly fit a large wheel with a big lip
Sir..I have a 55mm offset in the rear and I manage to get a 1.5-1.7 inch lip. That might seem big to you but that's pretty small imo. As I was only SAYING.....if a stock is300 can fit a +30mm offset, we would have some big lips. Im not stating a +30mm offset will fit. Do you see how those g35s and 350s have big lip on their wheels? It is from low offsets and the way the car was designed.

And next time you wanna quote...it'll be easier if you just click the little button under my post that says "quote". :p
<------

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
BLACKIS300T said:
i feel sorry for you cause i have a 3 and a half inch lip on my 19x9.5 with a 55 offset
What wheels are you running? I have about 3" on my 18x9 +44

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
BLACKIS300T said:
3 and a half seems BIG to me for your info, and 1.5-1.7 i consider SMALL LIP, Thanx for the Quote Tip been try'n to figure that one out
3.5 is considered big for our is300 to achieve but it also depends on how the rim is designed. I also have 19x9.5 in the rear with +55...not everybody will get the same size lips. Lets see ur rim...can you show a pic of it? I see why u have the grey box now lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts