Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know for sure if the battery is or is not covered under the manufactures warranty? Mine is about history (drops to 9 volts after startup then just barely makes it back up to 12 with the car running). I have been noticing for the last week that when I start the car at night, it takes a 10-20 seconds before the lights come on - used to be immediate. I was watching the dash tonight when I started it to see if there was any indication of lamp malfunction when I noticed the voltage level. An interesting manifestation of a battery problem I thought. It appears that either the lamps want at least 12 volts before they power on or the light sensor needs 12 volts for proper operation.

Anyway, if it is awarranty item I will fight the Saturday service madness; if not, I will just run to Sears for a good ol' DieHard.

Appreciate any response.

Yes I did read the warranty manual and it implies that everything in the electrical system is covered but in the past I have had batteries not covered on a car that was still under warranty.

Thanks again
Terry

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just for closure on this thread. Batteries are covered under the Lexus 48mo/48K mile warranty. New battery installed by Lexus this morning and everything is back to normal.

Thanks
Terry

·
8,880 Posts
T Man said:
Just wondering: What is the optimum voltage for a healthy battery?
~12.4 V
14.1 - 14.4 Charging (Car running)
13.3 Keeping charged (Feeding 13.3V to the battery to keep it in good shape while charged, N/A in car)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts