Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've got this MOMO Cobra shift knob from my last car that I was planning on selling on eBay. It's chrome with black leather and will look great with the details inside the IS. I used it for years and driving just doesn't feel right without it. After driving the new IS for the past 3 weeks it's become obvious that the shifter needs to change. The MOMO Cobra is much heavier and sits lower on the shifter so I'm hoping it will improve the feel of the way the car shifts. The throw on the IS is too long and the knob sits too high.

I know the stock chrome ball simply screws off. The MOMO knob is longer and needs to seat further down on the shaft. I've read in forums here about removing a plastic ring inside the boot to allow the boot to drop lower. There's been no description as to how though.

Is there an easy way to remove that plastic ring? Do I need to disassemble the center console to get to it? Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this? Any help is much appreciated. Are there pics or a step by step elsewhere in the forums?

Swapping shift knobs will make the car feel more like it's mine.

THANKS for your help!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I guess no one reply this right.... well if you want let me tell you what i did...
if you want to make boot lower... first i set the boot side to the shift... to know how low i want to put it.... and then... i cut the top of plastic ring so i could lower the plastic ring to what ever height i want..... and then the rest is the same thing as what u normally do to install momo shift knob... :D

hopefully this will help you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts