Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title states, located in SoCal (LA).

I want a battered, scratched, sun burnt carbon fiber OR fiber glass hood. The nastier the better, as I'm going to hack it up and paint it anyhow.

B.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
hack it up? how? i wanna see this

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, wish I had jumped on that $80 one way back. I've known I've wanted to do this project for a while... and now my dog has er... expedited the process haha.

The goal is to look OE, but vented. Gots some ideas, need to sift through whats most affordable.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
bomp!

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
I will have one soon, but there's a crack in the clear and gelcoat. Structurally, it's okay. Obviously, I'd have to ship it. Interested?

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will have one soon, but there's a crack in the clear and gelcoat. Structurally, it's okay. Obviously, I'd have to ship it. Interested?
Sure am. I COULD be patient, but I'm not lol. Let me know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
My car goes into the shop feb. 11th, and I will ask them to hold the part for me. Shall we discuss prices?

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My car goes into the shop feb. 11th, and I will ask them to hold the part for me. Shall we discuss prices?
Feb 11th, cool it gives me some time. This is the thing, I'm going to be meeting up with 2TGEU and Edgy in the near future, and I will check out the combined 3 or 4 hoods they have, to see if what I want to do it feasable.

The thing really turning me off is the use of hoodpins. I've grown a lot towards the OE look, and I might just keep the OE hood and do the vent mod to that seeing it needs to be repainted anyhow. The big deciders are if its possible to re-enforce the aftermarket hood so that hood pins are not needed, feasability of putting the vent I want in it, and total $$$ for getthing that thing my front door.

Please don't feel any obligation. If you find a local buyer or what not, don't hesitate.

B.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
too bad mine is aluminum... oem is aluminum right??? hahaaa

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
i think i saw 1 hood on craigslist for like 200ish used and damaged. not sure if its sold already.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think i saw 1 hood on craigslist for like 200ish used and damaged. not sure if its sold already.
What region have you been checking, I have been going there too, but nothing.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
too bad mine is aluminum... oem is aluminum right??? hahaaa
Hell no! Aluminum hoods weight next to nothing, almost lighter than C/F lol. My friends Mazdaspeed Miata is 100% aluminum body and its insanely light... lol

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Hell no! Aluminum hoods weight next to nothing, almost lighter than C/F lol. My friends Mazdaspeed Miata is 100% aluminum body and its insanely light... lol
jhahhahaa jk jk

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Yeah..WRX hoods are AL too. Feather light compared to our stinking 'might as well be cast iron' hood.

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Feb 11th, cool it gives me some time. This is the thing, I'm going to be meeting up with 2TGEU and Edgy in the near future, and I will check out the combined 3 or 4 hoods they have, to see if what I want to do it feasable.

The thing really turning me off is the use of hoodpins. I've grown a lot towards the OE look, and I might just keep the OE hood and do the vent mod to that seeing it needs to be repainted anyhow. The big deciders are if its possible to re-enforce the aftermarket hood so that hood pins are not needed, feasability of putting the vent I want in it, and total $$$ for getthing that thing my front door.

Please don't feel any obligation. If you find a local buyer or what not, don't hesitate.

B.
There isn't going to be a local buyer. Either it is you, or I store it for a rainy day (to do something like what you are talking about).

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^ Cool, so when my patience to get away from shipping costs fades away, I can give you a holla.

So no one in the SoCal area has a dingy, scratched up, faded (or even damaged if in the right area) c/f or fiberglass hood that they want to get off their hands for something new?

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nobody with a funky azz hood they don't want to bother with restoring?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts