Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I plan to buy a set of TRD race sway bars, but my car is still stock.

I mean the suspension is still stock: stock shocks, and stock springs etc.... Should I wait until I change to the aftermarket shocks and springs (like Eibach) before I change the stock sway bars to the TRD ones? Or they don't affect each other at all???

Any suggestions???

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
(like I said in other thread)
I just got done installing my TRD yellow sways and WOW I love them, I have no other suspension mods, all stock springs and shocks.

The car just plants itself around corners now...awesome

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
I just got my eibach, tokico hp, and hotchski sways....and i'm telling you, the handling is amazing right now!!!! i feel like cutting right in front of a CHP and blast away.... :lol:

i can always dream!!!!

·
Founder
8,520 Posts
Sways are a great mod regardless of whatever else you've done to your suspension... I had the TRD Sways on my car with no other mods, fantastic improvement.

PS> I've got TRD Yellows available in the Member Sale/Trade forum. And of course, we sell the Hotchkis sways...

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
The TRD race sways were the best bang for the buck mod I have put on my car (almost $12k in mods spent since...).

Get them. You will not regret it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Dont hesitate it.. you will love it with/without any suspension mods

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Agreed very nice modification to do to your car. Handling performance is very very noticible, even just driving around normally the difference is very much there. Very worth while investment

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
Definitely go with the TRD yellows... I got mine on the car with only 2500 miles and have had them on since with all the other suspension components stock... its the best bang for the buck.

The best part is that you can enjoy them legally... you dont have to speed or do anything you could get a ticket for, but every time you go around a corner you'll be like :eek:

I can't ride in an IS w/o sways now. :oops:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Yea TRD yellow sways are the way to go. Das said it was like night and day, and after we installed it. IT IS... amazing riding around corners!!!!

o3 solar IS

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my dealer warned me......

Today, I phoned my dealer and asked them about getting a set of TRD race sway bars....

They warned me for the bars are very stiff, so they can't guarantee "anything" happen.

But everyone here seems recommending the TRD race sway bars a lot, so SHOULD I get them or not?

I can't get the hotchkis sways because I live in Canada. .net store don't ship outside the US, unless someone forwards the hotchkis sways to me.... :lol:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Get the TRD..you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I got the Hochkis pretty nice pieces. But probably not as good quality as TRD as mine had some peely finish on one side (had to paint over it) then had the wrong size front bushings. But both would do nicely definatley one of my favorite modifications.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.