Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two great diamond audio subs M3's (12") and love them but later i want to add anoth M3. I have them pointed through the ski pass and they take a nice amount of space as is. lets just say i got AAA but i have a foot and a half of extra space and i want to put one in the area where the spare tire is so does anyone think its possible?? I have a 800 watt kenwood amp so should i get one extra 400 watt amp and would i be able to somehow fit the sub in the floor any one doe this?

i think it would look killer and sound better not that it isnt killer now!

I would cage the woofer in the floor so i can have stuff in trunk without hurting it.
Thanx fo info!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Anything is possible. I just made a pretty nice false floor with a box lowered into where the spare tire is for a 12w7 in my bros accord but I really dont see the need for 3 subs. I personally took out my spare to mount amps and the like. As for your amps, if your subs are rated to handle the power (currently 400 a piece according to you) then sure, Id get another 400. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Ok...

First off, more subs is only going to run you into more trouble, because from what i can see, your car isn't utilizing much power devices (capacitors, extra batt, etc).

My reccomendation is, ditch the 3 DA M3's and get 1 Diamond TDX woofer. Save yourself the space, get 1 powerful amp, and kick the crap out of the 3 M3's. If you want a good sub also, i reccomend Image Dynamics IDMax. Power that up to a 1000w amp, and you will be go. More than likely the Kenwood amp you mentioned is 800watt max, resulting in a good 200-300 watt RMS. Ditch the brand kenwood, they aren't good at all. I reccomend PPI, soundstream, Hifonics, MTX and a new company in Cali called Hollywood sound lab.

Let me know if you have more questions.

·
Useless
4,731 Posts
Malekreza11 said:
Ok...
I reccomend PPI, soundstream, Hifonics, MTX and a new company in Cali called Hollywood sound lab.
HSL is in no way a new company. I used to deal with them like 10 years ago. :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.