Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knows how to make the E-shift shift faster on kickdown? transmission software upgrade or mechanical tuning? my friend told me there might be a "kickdown cable" for adjustment.
thanks for the help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
turbo den said:
Anyone knows how to make the E-shift shift faster on kickdown? transmission software upgrade or mechanical tuning? my friend told me there might be a "kickdown cable" for adjustment.
thanks for the help.
Do you want something permament or temporary? I'm saying this because the shift kits allows you to switch it on/off while a Valve body will engaged at all times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,925 Posts
what about grounding kit? helps to be a bit more responsive..im getting one soon too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
411 Posts
Valve body dude. I used to have a shift kit. It works well but valve body is the way to go. No issues just lightning fast shifts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys. so, i will search more on valve body. anyone has a good reference or seller of this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
hey, i've been looking at doing a valve body upgrade, and, just wanted to know, do you just take your valve body off, and send it to them, let them do all the work, and they'll send it back. if thats the case, what about your car...won't it be out, and, if thats the case, for how long.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,365 Posts
thksdad said:
hey, i've been looking at doing a valve body upgrade, and, just wanted to know, do you just take your valve body off, and send it to them, let them do all the work, and they'll send it back. if thats the case, what about your car...won't it be out, and, if thats the case, for how long.
well you can ship next day and they do as soon as they recieve it and they ship it back next day(from TE site)so it'll be 2 day turnaround?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,162 Posts
blondebond said:
Valve body dude. I used to have a shift kit. It works well but valve body is the way to go. No issues just lightning fast shifts.
U had the turboeast shift kit and now you have the vb upgrade from toyo? How much do they charge? Is it uncomfortable to drive and does the car feel quicker since there is no shift lag? Thanks.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top