Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there are no tutorials on this site or google. I would appreciate any input on these areas:

-power cable install thru firewall (location of rubber seal, panels to take out, ect.)

-grounding areas in trunk

-how to path rca siganl cables from cd player to trunk

-cd player removal and installation.

mods could maybe use this thread to the how to/tutorial guide in this site.

thank you!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Damn son. Lotta questions. Power through grommet by battery, ground at the strut posts in back. Take off the pass. kickpanel and run that side, then go through the top corner of the pass back seat (behind seat). And you can read about how to get the radio out, too long for a quick explaination. Search Mobiletronics. :investiga

·
Registered
107 Posts
agree the stock IS300 speakers are very flat in the midrange.
really makes me appreciate the stock BOSE I had in my I30T
it was fantastic ... and by comparison, phenomenal.

...off to run a search on "speakers"

·
Registered
982 Posts
isjade said:
agree the stock IS300 speakers are very flat in the midrange.
really makes me appreciate the stock BOSE I had in my I30T
it was fantastic ... and by comparison, phenomenal.

...off to run a search on "speakers"
Your kidding right? BOSE better? I think the stock IS speakers blow the BOSE away! My freind has a TL with a BOSE and we both agree the IS sounds way better, sounds way to bassy (if thats a word), not enough treble. Im not saying its the best but better then the BOSE. Then again ppl have different hearing...

·
Registered
107 Posts
no.
really really ... really not kidding.
having experienced the Bose system in my '98 I30T, I really can't enjoy the stock speakers in my '01 IS. as you said, different hearing, maybe.

But i've learned to appreciate driving the IS with the stereo off ... the only way I can really enjoy the stereo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts