Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...I woulda posted this earlier but I was keeping it on the DL in order to maybe pull a few suspects together but there was no such luck. Anyway here is the story. I got home at about 11:30 on friday night and I parked my car in the driveway of my house like I always do. I went to my room, opened the window to get a little air, and got in my bed to watch some TV. I ended up falling asleep around 12:30. Next morning I wake up to my mom shaking me around. Instead of getting to the point she asks me if I got in any fights the night before, etc....After answering everything she proceeded to tell me that there was a huge flag sticking out of my rear windshield which had been broken by a rock about 15 lbs heavy and the size of a baseball glove. I went outside to see a huge hole the size of a basketball in my rear windshield with the rock on the floor of the car with glass shattered from the back to the front of the car. Out of the hole stuck out a huge american flag. After getting over the "wanted to go murder someone" feeling I started feeling confused as to what the American flag means (as I am all American myself). Obviously Im going to crack the skull of whomever I find out did this...but untill then I thought I'de share some of the more hateful/extreme vandalism tales and maybe an idea of what the flag means? Maybe just something to shove in the window or does it have meaning? Oh well...just thought i'de show how ucked up the world is.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I doubt he had the wrong house...my car sits out there every single day and Im the only one that really parks outside within 2 houses on each side of me and across the street. The window and possible leather damage on the seats is the only damage...but trust me, the window alone is over a grand.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car. Who ever did it is probably jealous that he stuck with buying a Camaro and not an IS!

Jbee
Hawaii

Anyone else from hawaii but myself??

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I bet its probably because the car has an import look to it and the ignorant motherfukers attacked you on that reason alone.

[ May 15, 2001: Message edited by: IS JOE ]

·
Registered
33 Posts
f*ck that! too many is's are being vandalized! yeah i agree that he probably hates japanese cars and wanted to show his patriatism. $1000..omg anyways i hooked you up with a 5 star hope that helps..

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
sounds like some drunk idiots walked by and in their drunken stuper, thought that was a funny thing, doesn't sound like a personal attack.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
yo how old are you? i had the same problem...insurance covered me, but it my damage was around 7,500...i had the same problem, except no flag left...i think its just some jealous punk highschool kids.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I bet you it's what these other guys said about it being an import. They use to do it at the Motorola plant here. Any imports in the parking lot were vandalized. Rodeo's were flipped over, my friend's Legend was keyed all over, another friend had a Sentra that was banged up and keyed. They actually went out and bought GM cars to go to work because the company said they were not responsible for it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey darkz, sorry to hear about that. That really sucks when people aren't man enough to face you, but will fock up a car in an instant. I hope you find out who did it.

·
Registered
684 Posts
The Flag probably has nothing to do with anything.They probably ripped it off someones house about a block away that night & thought it was funny to plant it in the hole....Could be meaningless

Sorry about the wheels , If I had an IS300, I'd make sure I have a garage first.Hope Insurance covers all!

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
it means "AzN PrYdE!!!" nah jk man. sorry about what happened to your car, that's really scandalous. its one thing when they fu ck with you, but they're stepping to a higher level when fu cking with your car..sorry man

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heres an update. The total is 5300 dollars in replacements. My dad is very serious when it comes to car damage or anything with cars and he demanded to the dealership that anything that was even remotely damaged would be fully replaced. This includes a new front passenger seat, new rear headrests, new rear speakers, new rear windshield and a few other things I dont remember. Very very small pieces of glass did a lot of damage to my car and my dad is makin sure its all fixed. Total is 5300 dollars. Basically right now I hope whoever did this to my car dies...thats if I dont find them to kill them first.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Dang, sorry to hear that DARKIS, I wish you luck on getting the car fixed and getting the people who did it caught .. I couldn't imagine that happening to my car, I would go insane and on a massive search for the person who did that to my car .. but hope everything goes well!

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Is your insurance covering any of it? You know this might count as some kind of hate crime. I don't know if that has any effect on getting your car fixed, but if these guys get caught, they'd be in a lot more trouble than plain vandals.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
18 Participants
Unison8
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing