Lexus IS Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
MSM 2005 Lexus IS300 5AT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
That would be interesting to see how you did it. Not sure if we can easily or cheaply get the same parts or bulbs here but would be interesting to see, might be able to get something similar to do the job though.
Will snap some pics and make a quick write-up when I pull the fenders off for bodywork/paint in a few weekends. I might also link the parts I used, and tips/things I would do differently if I were to do it again.

·
Registered
MSM 2005 Lexus IS300 5AT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
I got lucky and found a set of GTE VVTi valve covers for a good deal. This wasn't planned, but they match the current exterior of my car perfectly! Best part is, they already had Radium press-fit banjo-swivel -10AN breather fittings already installed, a pleasant surprise :)

I was originally planning on mirror polishing the valve covers and selling the coil cover (and going with a transparent timing belt cover with an ebay "TRD" chrome coil cover). But this looks too clean to pass up. I love the OEM-style silver, I hope my fender paintwork turns out this good lol.

·
Registered
MSM 2005 Lexus IS300 5AT
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
It's been months since I've properly driven this thing, let alone wash it or take pictures of it. But I got a chance yesterday to get a few snaps while I did my brother's graduation photoshoot. I love this location, I come here often lol.

I want to go back when all the cosmetics are taken care of, and capture it with my bigger lens to bring the glass building closer in the depth of field.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts