Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone - upgrading my IS' injectors and fuel pump (800cc to 1300cc and Walbro255 to 525) as I make the switch over from a Greddy E-manage to a Haltech 2500.

I've been searching online and wondering whether anyone has been able to properly fit a Walbro525 in their IS? If so, what was the solution? The 255 was an easy drop-in but the 525 is significantly wider and doesn't quite sit in the hanger properly. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Registered
514 Posts
May have to go to an aftermarket hanger to get the 525 in. It’s got the flared base, like the 450. I think it’s the same physical size as a 450. I’ve never seen an elegant way to mount a 450 in a stock hanger.

Squash performance used to make a billet hanger.

An Evo VIII hanger can be modded to work. I’ve got a Full Blown Motorsports Evo VIII hanger myself. I’ve got AEM 50-1200 pumps, I dunno 525s would fit.

Autosports Engineering makes a hanger that will accommodate the 525 pump.

I’d start with those, do some research. The ASE will probably be the best bet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May have to go to an aftermarket hanger to get the 525 in. It’s got the flared base, like the 450. I think it’s the same physical size as a 450. I’ve never seen an elegant way to mount a 450 in a stock hanger.

Squash performance used to make a billet hanger.

An Evo VIII hanger can be modded to work. I’ve got a Full Blown Motorsports Evo VIII hanger myself. I’ve got AEM 50-1200 pumps, I dunno 525s would fit.

Autosports Engineering makes a hanger that will accommodate the 525 pump.

I’d start with those, do some research. The ASE will probably be the best bet.
Hey Kris,

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions - very helpful. I'll take a look and hopefully find a solution, much appreciated! :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have the same pump and was in the same position. I have been in contact with Squash performance a few times. Each time they say they are a few months out. I ended up going this route

1 - 5 of 5 Posts