Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey Guys,

This form got great info for the IS. I am waiting to get mine in about a month or as soon as i sell my 00 SI. I want the Yellow one. Just wonder how much you guys paid for yours.. i got as low as $1000.00 off MSRP in the California.

another thing, the guy at the dealer told me that i can't get a yellow (blk leather) with limited slip unless i get the tan leather. which mean i have to get the Luxury leather package. is the guy pulling my leg?

any info will help....

·
Registered
442 Posts
Doesn't Yellow only come with black leather?? I think the guy is pullin your leg, kick him in the nutz or something

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yellow does come with black leather but I also wanted the Limited Slip. He told me that the limited slip only come with the Luxury leather package and that come with tan leather (not black leather). That doesn't sound right...

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
yeah, thats right, if you want limited slip in cali you must get the luxury package with the piping, which is only available on ivory interiors, and Ivory is not available on the yellow IS, if you want a yellow with limited slip (and black leather) you have to order from another state or region. this is because when Lexus reps from Cali went to allocate orders they made some options available if they came with another option (like moonroof requires you get heated seats and LSD requiring Luxury package) so its just what options they allocated for the cars. its all about money, more options means more profit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
got my diff & heated seats with wht/blk in fl. No lux package. The wood in the lux package looked to fake for me. In fl you can mix and match any and all options. Perhaps consider contacting a fl dealer.
Kevin

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yellow with ivory white? I don't think that will go well with the fashion police. AND DO YOU LIKE TYPING LIKE THIS OR IS YOUR CAPS BUTTON STUCK???

[This message has been edited by GPR (edited December 07, 2000).]

·
Registered
110 Posts
Repsol,

If u wait several more months you can have the 2002 model with manual tranny. R u sure u wanna buy this year's? U already have a new ride anyway and getting rid of it alone will cost you some dough unless of course it's free and clear. By u buyin a SI then turn around and wanting a IS makes me suggest that ur a impulsive buyer. Have patience my friend. It'll all be over b4 u know it. Just keep yourself busy (read this forum and time will fly). Remember, good things come to those who wait.

If u can't drive a stick or don't care 4 it, then just ignore everything I said.

Peace

------------------
Anxiously waitin' for my manual '02 GGP...

[This message has been edited by isdisisdat (edited December 08, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by isdisisdat (edited December 08, 2000).]

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you go to www.is300.com, select “skip intro”, select “build it”, input your zip code, select color “solar yellow”, and click “next”. You will find that only interior option you have is “black”. Select black and click on next again, if you are in Kalifornia, you will find the lux leather package is not available (same for Arizona). I have tried entering zip code for Florida 33101 and the interior option is still black, but if you select “black” and click “next”, you will find that the LSD is available with heated seats and moon roof. I guess if you want the LSD that bad, you will have to buy it out of state.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Isdisisdat,

Do you know if the 2002 model will come in Yellow? This is my favorite color.
I had my 00' SI for a year now and this car give me nothing but trouble. Since Honda no longer make this year SI, i can get good money for it.

As for getting the limited slip in a yellow IS, i don't think it worth all the trouble getting it from another state (that's S*uK).

what did you guys pay for your IS?
is $1000.00 off MSRP a good deal?

·
11,061 Posts
I don't think $1,000 off MSRP is a good deal. My dealer started his offer at $1,400 under MSRP.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Repsol,

Your guess is as good as mine. But hey, if u waited n they don't have yellow no more, you can still always buy the 2001 for a lot cheaper. It may be harder to find yellow but with perserverance, u should find one.

As for a good price, check out the "WooHoo!! Got an awesome deal!" thread on the same page by ciccone376.

------------------
Anxiously waitin' for my manual '02 GGP...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts