Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the black IS that raced by me yesterday on the DVP, and was tailgating the BMW, and then proceeded to cross four lanes of traffic to hit an exit at Fairview...in what could be described as pissy conditions (wet, dirty conditions, into bright sun). I hope you live to make it thru this new year. That was the worst example of driving I have ever seen. Dude, save the racing for the track, and consider the lives of others. Your trashing the image of other IS owners in this town...making us no better than those moronic ricers.
Glad I'm from Ottawa...

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
A lot of people think so. Who won the "race" on regular streets is usually determined by who drives more recklessly. Not who has a better car or who is a better driver.

·
Registered
48 Posts
KARMABOY... you saying that Ottawa has better drivers?! You're closer to Quebec than we are.

funny thing is that I saw a Beetle do the exact same thing on Dec 26. Maybe it's a daily thing on the 404!

------------------

Peabers
'01 IS300 Graphite Grey Pearl/Black Cloth LSD

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good driving requires foresight . . . not foreskin.
So look head and pleeeeeze don't be a dick on the road.

------------------

Peabers

[This message has been edited by Peabers (edited December 28, 2000).]

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was on the DVP yesterday (I think) but I drive a silver IS300...therefore it wasn't me. What I usually find is that people in BMWs (3 Series), Integras and ricey Honda Civics drive like that in order to keep up with me. Not sure why they do it. I think they like looking at my car.

JordanK.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It wasn't me.

I drive on DVP all the time (almost everyday, usually very late at night). My car is graphite Grey. Quite Often I do see car zooming by other car at night on the DVP. Kind of scary.

My driving skill is limited. I usually just follow along keeping up with the traffic. Especially on DVP. Too many cars.

Tom

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
i was bumper to bumper in traffic one morning (at less than 5mph), when some punk with a chia pet for a hair-do, in a mustang gt, decided to swerve onto the left shoulder at about 45mph, pass everybody up, and swerve back into traffic. The reward soon came when mr. highway patrol officer proceeded to flash lights and pull chia pet over. I was howling. Probably the best feeling i've ever had while stuck in So. Cal. Traffic.

MAD

·
Registered
102 Posts
Jordon,

I know what you mean, I had this happen to me on DVP. I am just driving along on DVP around the speed limit. Next thing you know. They pull parallel next to you, checking your car out. Then they pull behind you then in front of you checking out the car. Afterward, they just zoom by you. Not sure if they expect you to race them or something. But I usually just ignore them.

Tom

Originally posted by JordanK:
I was on the DVP yesterday (I think) but I drive a silver IS300...therefore it wasn't me. What I usually find is that people in BMWs (3 Series), Integras and ricey Honda Civics drive like that in order to keep up with me. Not sure why they do it. I think they like looking at my car.

JordanK.

·
Registered
78 Posts
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET TO DOWNTOWN DURING RUSH HOUR..the construction in Lawrence( 60 km.h) been taking forever ( city of TO don't have enuf $$ to pay the construction bill) when the construction gonna end ??
I heard when they first design the Park Way in 1970's is not require that many curve to go around the Don River....any one have more info about that?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Originally posted by Corolla:
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO GET TO DOWNTOWN DURING RUSH HOUR..the construction in Lawrence( 60 km.h) been taking forever ( city of TO don't have enuf $$ to pay the construction bill) when the construction gonna end ??
I heard when they first design the Park Way in 1970's is not require that many curve to go around the Don River....any one have more info about that?
Hi Corolla:
Which part of "klahfjk" is in Ontario? Just j/k.

Anyway, if I am working downtown, I'd just take the TTC. T.O. traffic sucks!! It seems like the rush hour is 20 hours long from Monday to Friday.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hahahaha... a good way to get out of downtown Toronto? You must be kidding. The only reason we moved out of "Richman's Hell" is so that we don't have to get stuck in traffic two hours a day. I suggest that you either move Downtown or take Leslie.

It's been a good week so far though . . . guess everyone is off on holidays.

------------------

Peabers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ottawa drivers all suck equally...but god forbit you go to Hull...you'll end up with some 17 yr. old in a Cavalier challenging you at every light. Give me a break...I just came over to get some late night beer

·
Registered
78 Posts
but is - 30000 degress outside ..i couldn't wait in the bus stop more than 2 minutes..

hey Who living in RH/Thronhill area ..

·
Registered
81 Posts
I live very close to RH/Thronhill area... BTW the traffic here is not THAT BAD. Look at Hong Kong or Taiwan, that's like hell. You get all those taxi drivers racing on the street, cutting lanes and all that. Japan is pretty good thought, even they have limited space, but no one does stupid crap on the street until... hmmm.... midnight....

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey where u guys buy ur is300? from Don Valley / SLT /Erin Park/ken shaw???

the more heavy traffic the more people tend to drive rackless..just like in montreal

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
11 Participants
Corolla
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing