Lexus IS Forum banner

W55/58 question

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Zach from NY 
#1 · (Edited)
I know this topic has been beaten to death, and yes I've read tons and tons of threads. Feel free to delete after someone with the answer replies.

Dude by me has a W58 swap for sale which he planned to put in his IS.

EDIT: Got more info...
It has the W55 Bell on it, has a W55 driveshaft and Xcessive shift extension and X member both for an IS300.
I'm assuming it has the W58 tailshaft on it. Waiting for an answer.

Will this work with the W58 tailshaft, Xcessive housing and W55 driveshaft? Or will it be too long/not fit.

Every thread on every forum I've read, everyone says it needs the W55 bell and tailshaft on a W58 to work in an IS.

Thanks.

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Okay, awesome. I was worried that with the w58 tailshaft and the Xcessive shifter housing, that it would sit too far back in the car.
The one picture I have from the seller looks like the shifter sits way far back.
Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive wheel system

I think I'm going to have to just go and see what he has in person.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Ok great. You guys have been very helpful. 🙏🏼

Confirmed with seller it's a w55 bell, w58 trans with w58 tail and Xcessive shifter. I need to see if the shift lever was modified. I was reading on the Xcessive website that you're supposed to get it extended to work correctly with that shifter housing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.