Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!
First post here, but I've been browsing the forums here for the past year almost every day. I've had a strange issue with my 2001. I usually find what I am looking for, but this issue I am having is getting to be sort of confusing. I keep getting the p1349 code and it simply wont go away. I replaced the ocv solenoid with 2 different solenoids and cleaned the filter and passage well, and changed my oil. Couldn't get that to work, but that motor was toast anyways so I swapped it with another one for the time being. Drove on that motor for about 2000 miles with no CEL. Suddenly I was driving in a parking lot, I hear my valves hit and my car does the same exact misfire it had when I bought it (BEFORE the swap), and I get the vvti code of death again. Misfiring badly at idle but not as bad at 30-45mph, I made my way home. On the way, it revved itself to 3500 rpm all by itself at a stoplight and I was mashing the brakes. replaced the ocv solenoid again and it hasnt happened again but the code is still here.

If I clear the code, VVTI works fine, there is a noticeable performance when the code comes on. Solenoid works fine when bench tested. But the code comes back after 30 minutes. Do you think its possible that my VVTI cam gear on both of my motors went bad? Or would this be ecu/wiring related? When I first saved this car I foolishly connected my harness to my battery terminals backwards (long story short, theres 2 different batteries for my year with inverted posts...) and I fear that I screwed a bunch of stuff up, considering it blew the main fuse. Never got to drive it before this, but since I've driven it the ABS codes read all sensors all read bad at a stop, but when I drive again the light goes away. I did check all my fuses but I must be missing something... Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations for me to lead me in the right direction? I want to get to the bottom of this so I can install my AEM infinity and turbo kit! The revving at a stoplight really made me nervous and if I am going to turbo this thing I might need to get a shut off switch!!! :O

1 - 2 of 2 Posts