Lexus IS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I worked on it last night for the first time in some time....

Moved the abs block to the battery area, turned the battery sideways, and shifted the fuse panel forward a little.

I need to get back out in the garage and bend the lines and such.

-The 3" Downpipe doesnt fit....

Both O2 sensor bungs are facing directly into the wastegate and have no clearance. I need to cut the bungs off, weld over them and re-weld new ones in somewhere else.

The DP was also darned close to the abs lines.... that was the final straw for that concen. I spent a whole evening bending them out of the way of the turbo :(

The whole situation is a mess. I took a new job... got promoted to a service manager at another dealership and have been so slim on time to work on it :(

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
good to hear, as long as you have some time to work on it, i'm sure your happy.
no one these days has time, time is hard to find these days.

congrats on your new job and promotion. i'll keep checking back every now and then.

+rep for you my friend!

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
i was just thinking of your car, and i thought i would stop by and bump this!
hopefully you've had some time to work on this. =)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
woo hoo!! yeah! we got an update! i've been waiting for this!
good luck on your wiring sir!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
To be very honest with everyone who has been following this the new job was only part of the equation for this taking so long... I litteraly lost interest in the car and was contemplating getting another vehicle to drop the gte engine into... reverting the sportcross back to stock. I have several other cars and this car is deffinatly considered an "extra" and not a neccessity.

Was thinking of getting a 6.0 pontiac gto OR wait for the pontiac g8 gxp or the new camaro... I know i know!

*Descided ultimatly to keep the sportcross and hold onto it for awhile

I updated the first page of post, made commets about the wiring.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Laid off from new job 12 months ago, fighting to pay my bills, fighting with EVERYONE, general malcontent about everything.... Thats my cars progress for the last year.

THis weekend intercooler pipes are being fabbed up as well as 3" exhaust, hurray, maybe I can work on it for a week straight this time, lol!

The sad part is that I am skilled enough to finish it in a week if i wanted, i just dont care! Laziness!

Bought:

3" exhaust components and flex pipe with N1 apexi style muffler
60mm gauges with peak hold
flex lite fans
Large extrnally mounted trans cooler
other misc junk

PICS THIS WEEKEND!

·
Premium Member
6,141 Posts
Sorry to hear bro, but glad your keeping your head up and coming back around.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It stings a little looking at my last post in here.... 2yrs ago in march I tore my car apart... I had the engine done quick.

Hopefully i will keep on track and finish it this time.

-BRad

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Time flys doesn't it!?

Glad to see you back hacking at it again. Definitely keep working at it. Hopefully we can see the finish of this little project in the near future.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Keep up the work man! I love seein stuff like this done to the cross!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Nice work! No worries on the slow progress...keep it up! Excited to see the results. Keep posting pics too!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
exhaust pics are up, happy with the way it turned out, almost done, maybe 1 hr left into it.

Fabricator did an excellant job... I dont have a SS welder and wasnt about to trust myself on my "baby" to perform shitty welds. Its nice to work with someone who knows what they are doing. He did an EXCELLANT job IMO.

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Impressive!!!

Now you need to be the first sportx owner with some RIGID BARS, all that power :)

D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Looking good man, here's hoping my (much simpler) swap doesn't take so long. Glad you're finally finishing her up, it's inspiring me to get back to work.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Exhaust is done, I think it looks great for a 1 off creation. Intercooler piping was a piece of cake but is still at the fabricators....

No onto wiring. I'll drive this car again yet!

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
haha mad props to you bro more pics !!! i only dreamed of owning a gte powered wagon haha

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Even as an Ithaca College alumni, your car is the only reason I'd come back up there to visit, hopefully by the summer!! :approve:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Exhaust is done, I think it looks great for a 1 off creation. Intercooler piping was a piece of cake but is still at the fabricators....

No onto wiring. I'll drive this car again yet!
:cloud9:

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
maf flange show yet?

21 - 40 of 47 Posts