Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is on a 2007 Lexus IS 250 6spd.

Last week my check engine and VSC off light came on, I read on my.IS that it could be due to my gas cap not being all the way sealed. I've put it back on, gotten more gas, and waited a week now for the light to turn off.

Is it safe to assume at this point that something is wrong either with my VSC or my sensors? It's going to be a pain taking this to Lexus, the only dealership in town recently changed their loaner car policy to 25+. IMO this is a load of BS, I'm leasing my car so if I'm taking my car in I expect a loaner car, but this is more a dealership issue than a Lexus issue. It's going to be a pain to figure out a way to get to two different schools and work everyday (especially with my GF out of town). On the other hand it's been extremely wet/icy here lately (which is very out of the ordinary for West Texas) and I can't keep driving with balding summer tires and VSC not working. ughh

Could I get any insight for what could be wrong? Besides disconnecting and reconnecting the battery is there another way to reset the ECU (maybe some sort of petal dance)?

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
This is on a 2007 Lexus IS 250 6spd.

Last week my check engine and VSC off light came on, I read on my.IS that it could be due to my gas cap not being all the way sealed. I've put it back on, gotten more gas, and waited a week now for the light to turn off.

Is it safe to assume at this point that something is wrong either with my VSC or my sensors? It's going to be a pain taking this to Lexus, the only dealership in town recently changed their loaner car policy to 25+. IMO this is a load of BS, I'm leasing my car so if I'm taking my car in I expect a loaner car, but this is more a dealership issue than a Lexus issue. It's going to be a pain to figure out a way to get to two different schools and work everyday (especially with my GF out of town). On the other hand it's been extremely wet/icy here lately (which is very out of the ordinary for West Texas) and I can't keep driving with balding summer tires and VSC not working. ughh

Could I get any insight for what could be wrong? Besides disconnecting and reconnecting the battery is there another way to reset the ECU (maybe some sort of petal dance)?

You can pull the fuse for the ECU, that'll reset it.

VSC turns off anytime you get a check engine light. There are literally hundreds of possible reasons that would happen, most having nothing to do with VSC. The loose gas cap is just the most common one.

Any autozone should read the codes for you free to tell you what code the CEL is triggering off of, that might help you narrow it down some, but ultimately you're probably going to need to go to the dealership to fix it under warranty.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't mean to bump this thread and it can be moved if GD isn't the place for this but I got codes read from autozone two days ago and it was a: P0172

Definition:
System too rich
Probable cause:
  1. MAF sensor concern
  2. Faulty HO2S (Heated oxygen sensor)
  3. Fuel injector or pressure regulator leaking
  4. ECT sensor fault

Yesterday, about a week after the light originally turned on, I got gas for the second time since the CEL light came on and a few hours later it turned off. So Idk, I'm guessing it was the gas cap, hope this helps out somebody else in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.