Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to forum.

I have 06 IS350 and just changed the tires 2.5 weeks ago with f: 235/40/18, r: 265/35/18.

The car was running fine, but yesterday my VSC, TRAC and Check engine lights came on.

I took it to the dealer and they said it might be due to the tire change and wanted me to drive it for 1 more week to see if the light would go off on their own.

Does any one have any ideas on what is wrong and if the different tire size is the cause do I need to replace them with the original size?

Thanks...

·
Registered
34 Posts
the only difference i wouldve made to the rear tires would be swap out that 265/35R18 with a 265/40R18 (just me personally). other than that, it seems like an install issue if those lights are coming on. if the VSC/Trac lights stay on the whole time youre driving, id be concerned...as well as the CEL. thought your dealership would provide more insight rather than telling you to drive on it for one week :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
i forgot, a friend had this same problem after he installed his fujita intake. all he did was reset his ecu and the vsc/trac and CEL went away, try doing that.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
I'd either call Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels or talk to a service manager again at your dealership and have them research which sizes work with the VSC/Stability programs. I know that the rear tires in stock form have to be "taller" than the front. By dropping to a 35 in the rear, they may not be the same ration of height. Not saying that for sure, but it's something the professionals should be able to answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,

I went to another dealer and they reset the ECU and wanted me to wait for few days.

I hope this works.

I got my tires installed at American Tires and they recommened the sizes. I hope the sales person knows what he's talking about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts