Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it finally happened the encounter with a tsx. ive been looking to trade my IS for one of those and i couldnt resist 'testing' the machine. i was provoking the guy driving the tsx to race me but i guess he didnt want to since he didnt even have his plates yet. we ran into a red signal and when i floored it, to my surprise he did too. end of result? dead even. i would pull on midrange but he pretty much pulled on me too as i heard 'vtec', maybe i should have revved hihger. its was a good run tho

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
You seem to like the TSX by the way your speaking of it ! :-?

But I drove that car, when it came out ! My buddy's father owns an Acura dealership and we fooled around with it when it came in.
Seriously the IS should take the TSX no problem. The IS is much stonger in 3rd gear, and the TSX lacks majot torque.

Just a 4 door RSX to me, but if you like it then .....
The IS seems to be built stronger too, not to mention the capacity of our engines, and the handleing that the IS has. :wink:

The TSX is rev happy but in the real world nobody shifts at 8000 k all the time, so you never use it. :shame:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
LCA575 said:
Yeah, I hear the TSX is slow. Are you all stock?
As you can see from my sig I aint' stock, but even if I was I'm sure my Lex would pull on a TSX.

It's a nice ride though, don't get me wrong.... my sis will probably be pushin' one by next year.

:chill:

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
100% stock. im not surprised it was even. motor trend acceleration tested it to be similar to the IS in terms of accel

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
AustinAltezza said:
100% stock. im not surprised it was even. motor trend acceleration tested it to be similar to the IS in terms of accel
The 2 cars are not even in the same category !
I was watching an episode of Motoring 2003 and they compared the TSX to the Benzo 230, and to some type of Saab !

The IS is in a different class, it might accelerate the same, but you really can't compare a straight 6 to a high revving 4 banger.

Think about it :shame:

·
Registered
251 Posts
According to what I have read, the IS and 3 series are the targets of the TSX. They appear to be very similar in performance. I saw a TSX yesterday and don't think they look that great.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
hmm thats pretty screwed, raced one tsx long time ago (with exhaust, drop ins and teck's) 1-2 car length ahead (i can see him from my side mirror) auto vs 6 speed

and before you trade your is, try to test drove the tsx, and make sure to try the manual, dont bother with the auto :boring:

the car has a better interior than is300 thats for sure, but in term of performance its not really that much :-?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I LOVE the TSX... but I am biased. :p :wink:

The are VERY much in the same league as the IS300. Looks, speed and luxury.

The IS300 is a tad faster; Straight and in the twistys.

It would be hard for me to choose between the two cars.

Love the Honda 6-speed, but the IS would be so great for modding.... 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts